Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Forest walks and photos needed

Options
  • 22-01-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm doing a project promoting irish trees and forests and looking for banks of photos of Irish forest walks and woodlands. If you are a keen photographer and have images of forest walks from your local area in the 26 counties, can you get in touch with me. Just doing the research to see what's out there. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

j.o.h. wrote: »
    Hi, I'm doing a project promoting irish trees and forests and looking for banks of photos of Irish forest walks and woodlands. If you are a keen photographer and have images of forest walks from your local area in the 26 counties, can you get in touch with me. Just doing the research to see what's out there. Thanks.

Have a look around the scalp. Enniskerry. Some lovely forestry there

• Registered Users Posts: 5 j.o.h.

Thanks - ideally if you have a bank of photography/stills that would be ideal. Hoping to find someone who has an interest in talking pictures of trees/woodlands/forest walks if at all possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,362 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect you'll have to give more detail about who you're representing and what the usage terms are before people will hand over any shots.

Absolutely - normally don't like doing research via forums or social media, but need to see what's out there as time is tight. Looking to reach some photographic clubs and amateur clubs too but the directory listings are poor and contact details scatty. Want to use real photos rather than stock shots if possible. Happy to contact anyone who has a bank of shots directly to discuss usages and clearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Absolutely - normally don't like doing research via forums or social media, but need to see what's out there as time is tight. Looking to reach some photographic clubs and amateur clubs too but the directory listings are poor and contact details scatty. Want to use real photos rather than stock shots if possible. Happy to contact anyone who has a bank of shots directly to discuss usages and clearances.

Brass tacks. How much are you paying?

• Advertisement

Depends. Just doing the initial research to see if project is viable in terms of whats available and timeframe. Looking for a large irish specific woodland/forestry bank of stills already in existence if possible. Otherwise will create myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Fran Byrne does a lot of that kind of stuff from around Wicklow - his FB page is here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,362 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Depends. Just doing the initial research to see if project is viable in terms of whats available and timeframe.
    you're looking for 'a large bank of stills' but are giving little information on what the intended usage is (or who is behind it); i would genuinely welcome a project on promoting woodland (i'm involved in an organisation with this as one of its core aims), but you need to give people more info about what you're doing before they give you their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

gets popcorn and awaits phrases like' no photography budget' 'promote your work' and 'exposure'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

gets popcorn and awaits phrases like' no photography budget' 'promote your work' and 'exposure'

Why do you need money when you do this for enjoyment? :D

• Advertisement

There will be some fees for usages, but trying to source first someone who has a bank of stills specific to the project - both to facilitate tight timelines as well as seeing what exactly is required and if we need to source from stock or take some specific shots. Trying all avenues at the moment, but looking to see if a photographer either professional or amateur has a particular interest in trees and woodlands. Thanks for the input, but just doing the donkey work first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ISIS could be looking for a training ground to use. Forests are good for training where the eye in the sky can't see your face... :pac:

OP, what organisation are you representing?

Advertisement