Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to add bulk

• 22-01-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My first post here so forgive me if this has been answered before! I have a lean athletic physique and want to put on a few pounds of bulk. I'm 6'5" and broad for that height. I'm getting back into the weights (4 nights per week) and wanted advice on nutrition, my diet is pretty good already but in order to bulk up I need to eat more? My intention was to increase my intake of fish, chicken, beans etc and not bother with shakes or supplements etc for now as any excess is just waste. What can you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yeah, you need to eat more than maintenance.

But first you need to know what your maintenance calories would be. Good post on it here or you can check ourt Scooby's calculator here.

You can add a percentage or work off addding an extra 500 kcals, for example, per day. You can start lower and see how it works. It's a case of working off a starting point and adjusting according to results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Well I have managed to stick with it since the start of the year and have been going to the gym 3 nights a week plus doing lots of pressups/situps when im not in the gym. My weight on the first of Feb was 15 st 4 lbs, I now weigh 16 st 3 lbs (according to the scales). I've used different protein shakes and the food intake has greatly increased. Happy days!

Advertisement