Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W7 mirror failed

• 22-01-2015 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I have two 700Gb disks in a mirror within W7. Yesterday I noticed that redundancy had failed and one of the disks was listed as Foreign. I imported the foreign disk and it's come back online but not in a mirror configuration. The drive is now browsable separately and all the system files are there.

System is booting fine off the main disk but obviously I want my redundancy back. Neither disk now has an option to remove or create a mirror. Is there any way to rebuild this mirror without doing a full sync? I can delete the volumes on the secondard disk and recreate the mirror if needed but would be easier to reattach both drives to the mirror.

Advertisement