Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI changing current account fees?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Some of these charges I didnt know existed! :eek:
    Online banking transactions, over the counter transactions where they ask do you have your card... Its a bit irish.
    Are all banks charging for these transactions?
    Are they the norm now?
    Do all banks have the same queues on helplines all the time?
    Basically-there must be better...??

the boi new charges can be found here:
    http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/personal-current-account-dl.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

From Monday after 30 years I'm changing to Permanent . I'm sick to the back of my teeth with this bank . The fees have gone up to 25c now for an ATM withdrawal . I laughed out how the letter said it was to make things simpler.
    Don't get me going on the huge Qs either anytime I do have to actually go in. One bloody window open serving with a q out the door and other staff hiding.
    No more

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are all banks charging for these transactions?

No they aren't.

Move to PTSB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Charges are the norm, with higher interest rates in the past "free" banking could arise from the value of the money in your account, nowadays interest rates are negligible and so your business has no value. That said, Bank of Ireland have been especially keen on increasing charges.

Advertisement