Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is find my iphone automatically on?

• 22-01-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Basically I've lost my iphone and in response have logged into my icloud profile and put it in lost mode, however I'm not sure will it work if my device doesn't have find my iphone turned on, I'd have assumed it would be automatically turned on in the interest of convenience and security, yet I'm unsure of this. I have been frantically searching for it on the find my iphone function on my icloud profile, while it remains "offline." Can anyone shed any light as to the situation I find myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No. You've to enable it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

When you go to iCloud.com, sign in, click Find my iPhone, does your missing iPhone show up in the list under devices?

If yes, then you have Find my iPhone enabled.
    If no, then you didn't turn it on when you signed into iCloud on your iPhone.

If it is showing up under devices as offline, thats because the iPhone is powered off or no 3g/wifi signal.
    In that case, just put it into lost mode, and if anyone ever does turn it on, it will lock as soon as a 3g/wifi signal is connected.

Nothing more you can do about it apart from checking every now and then, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. As soon as someone connects it to iTunes and erases it, it will go into activation lock and require the person to enter your appleID and password.

This is where they give up and either dump it in the bin or try to sell it to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

When you go to iCloud.com, sign in, click Find my iPhone, does your missing iPhone show up in the list under devices?

If yes, then you have Find my iPhone enabled.
    If no, then you didn't turn it on when you signed into iCloud on your iPhone.

If it is showing up under devices as offline, thats because the iPhone is powered off or no 3g/wifi signal.
    In that case, just put it into lost mode, and if anyone ever does turn it on, it will lock as soon as a 3g/wifi signal is connected.

Nothing more you can do about it apart from checking every now and then, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. As soon as someone connects it to iTunes and erases it, it will go into activation lock and require the person to enter your appleID and password.

This is where they give up and either dump it in the bin or try to sell it to someone.
    Yes it's there on the list of the devices, I suppose that provides me with some faint level of hope I will continue to check however as you say I don't have much faith in humanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quite recently my macbook air was robbed. I found it a week later using iCloud and help with some enthusiastic Gardaí. Like you I had given up hope, don't!

Set up iCloud to send you a mail once it's connected to a network.

Advertisement