Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

learner permit expired.

• 22-01-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭

Just a quick question. A few years ago I got a provisional a licence, due to a change in circumstances I wasn't able to start IBT or get anything sorted.

Now things are better I wanna look into getting a bike so can I renew my permit that expired in November 2013 or will I have to do the theory test again?

When ive that sorted do I need my own bike to do IBT or can I use the instructors one?

Thanks

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

You have something like 5 years to renew the license so you definitely won't have to start from scratch again. Just go ahead and renew it.

I'd recommend doing the IBT on an instructor's bike before picking one to buy, that's standard. Instructors should have all the safety gear and a few different size bikes to learn on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Happy days so. Must get it sorted so.

Am I ok to do IBT over a good while or is it normal to do it over a short period?

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Am I ok to do IBT over a good while or is it normal to do it over a short period?

Talk to the instructors. Most do it over 2 days, but it all depends. I'm sure you can structure it with them. I did mine over two full days.

Advertisement