Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting efficiency

Options
  • 22-01-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

Got this timber yesterday.
    Can anyone advise the best way to cut it to maximise the output. Mostly interested in bowls and platters.
    Have 2 good chainsaws but don't know what way to go about it to make the most of it.

Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I'd try and plank it leaving the fork in the tree but then again I'm not too into turning. The grain on the fork would look really tidy only thing would be to look out for splitting. You should have a bit of sparring with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Miname wrote: »
    I'd try and plank it leaving the fork in the tree but then again I'm not too into turning. The grain on the fork would look really tidy only thing would be to look out for splitting. You should have a bit of sparring with that too.

I've no way of planking, and I literally only want for turning.

Advertisement