Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HCG level 3

Options
  • 22-01-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

HCG is only produced in pregnancy - a level of 3 is extremely low. Is there a chance you could be at the early stages of pregnancy? If you had the test a few days ago you could take a home test as the levels increase quickly. Good luck, don't panic and I hope it work out the way you want x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

I really didn't think I could be until I heard the doctor say that. Thank you for your advice,

There's always the chance the test got contaminated somehow - the level is very low. To explain, when I had a miscarriage the hospital tested my blood regularly for a couple of weeks to ensure the levels of HCG were dropping - once it went below 5 they discharged me as it was considered "zero". However the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Thank you for that, I think what threw me was the way the doctor worded it "Your not pregnant but you are on a level of 3 so you could be pregnant" bit of a contradiction. Im going back to have it re-done and hoping it is at 0. Head is all over the place after consulting Dr Google

Ah you poor thing. If there is a chance you could be pregnant get retested soon as it's better to know asap and then you can start to get your head around it. Look after yourself x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

As far as I know anything between 0-5 is considered not pregnant. It's perfectly normal for a woman who isn't pregnant to have a HCG level of 3. I honestly wouldn't be worried at all if I were you, and I'm surprised they're even doing a follow-up test.

HCG doubles every 48 hours, on average, in early pregnancy - it's extremely unlikely that they just happened to catch a pregnancy at such an early stage - far more likely that that is just the normal level of HCG in your system. :)

Advertisement