Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Psychology

Options
  • 22-01-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Anybody applying for the doctorate in Ed Psych UCD this year? Going to apply this year.

It is three years full time- just wondering realistically how much money I will need to put me through for the next few years (that is only if I happen to get it).

Does anybody know how many applicants will be accepted this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DalaiAlma

Hi Drumcart

I'm a current trainee ed psych on the MA course in Limerick. The majority of trainees in my and other cohorts tend to live at home to keep the costs down. If you do not live in or near Dublin, it might be worth contacting the course to check whether they would accommodate placements near to trainees' homes. As regards income - most of the people in my class were teachers or ABA tutors, and they seem to have gotten some ad hoc work doing subbing. There are also some who have taken on other part-time work at weekends. As a doctoral student, it might be worth enquiring within the university whether there is an opportunity to get work within a department. However you would need to make sure that any work you do do is flexible as the demands of the course fluctuate greatly.

Although I don't have a figure for numbers that UCD will be taking for the doctorate, I can give you an indication of current class sizes for the MAs: their intake (if I recall correctly) tends somewhere around 18 trainees (give or take), while our intake in Limerick this year was 14.

I hope this helps a bit.

Advertisement