Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions regarding signing up for fibre broadband online

Options
  • 22-01-2015 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi. I am in the process of trying to get fibre broadband. At the house I am in there is a phone socket and when I plug a phone into it I get an engaged tone. 
    I think that the house owner previously had a phone number here but moved the number to their new house.
    I am just wondering where this leaves me as when trying to sign up online I am always requested to enter a phone number.
    When I put in my address on your finder it gives me an address that looks like it is mine. If I click this then it says that I would be paying €53 a month as opposed to the €33 for 6 months advertised. 

I'd appreciate our help here.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hi. I am in the process of trying to get fibre broadband. At the house I am in there is a phone socket and when I plug a phone into it I get an engaged tone. 
    I think that the house owner previously had a phone number here but moved the number to their new house.
    I am just wondering where this leaves me as when trying to sign up online I am always requested to enter a phone number.
    When I put in my address on your finder it gives me an address that looks like it is mine. If I click this then it says that I would be paying €53 a month as opposed to the €33 for 6 months advertised. 

Thanks
    Hi CyaL8r

This would usually signify that fibre is not available to that line however please feel free to PM me any details you have on the house in question and I will look in to this for you further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Thanks
    Hi CyaL8r

This would usually signify that fibre is not available to that line however please feel free to PM me any details you have on the house in question and I will look in to this for you further.

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent.

Thanks
    Hi CyaL8r

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent.
    Hi CyaL8r

I'm waiting for efibre operations to get back to me, as soon as I have more information I'll be back in touch with you here

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al.

Any update yet Al?

• Advertisement

Any update yet Al?
    Hi CyaL8r
    Efibre operations have got back to me advising that thy cannot directly locate your premises, can you please find out what the old number was when last active?

If you have a land line phone please plug it in to the socket and dial 199000 as in some cases an automated voice will read you back the old number.

Thanks
    Al

Any update yet Al?
    Hi CyaL8r
    Efibre operations have got back to me advising that thy cannot directly locate your premises, can you please find out what the old number was when last active?

If you have a land line phone please plug it in to the socket and dial 199000 as in some cases an automated voice will read you back the old number.

Thanks
    Al
    I have tried plugging in the phone but all I get is what sounds like an engaged tone. This doesn't change when I dial in the number above.

I'll PM you the number I think was the previous number.

Thanks

Any update yet Al?
    Hi CyaL8r

Thanks
    Al
    I have tried plugging in the phone but all I get is what sounds like an engaged tone. This doesn't change when I dial in the number above.

I'll PM you the number I think was the previous number.

Thanks
    Hi CyaL8r

The number you had PM'd me has no address previously assigned (only an active one). Can you remember the previous eircom account holders name? This may not necessarily be the landlord.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for all your help Alan.

Thanks for all your help Alan.
    You're more than welcome CyaL8r

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement