Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back To Education Cheats

• 22-01-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello everyone. Just wondered if anyone else on back to education has encountered what I call the back to education "cheats"? What I mean by this is the people who are in college on a back to education payment but couldn't be bothered to show up half the time to their classes..There are lads in my course who are on an increased payment of back to education (from 100 a week up to 160 to attend the course) and they don't even bother coming into classes most days. They either skip a few classes a day, or they skip a couple of days in the week entirely..This is disgraceful and I wondered do the social welfare look into these kind of cheats and cut off their payments on the basis that they couldn't even be bothered..I know several people who would love to be in my course and who would apply themselves, but unfortunately didn't get into the course in favor of these types that are only there for the extra money a week, and don't even bother coming in most days..Imagine doing only 12+ hours a week of a 28 hour course? It's ridiculous that these people get away with this. Please give your opinions on this matter. I don't think it's fair that this goes on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Unfortunately op this forum isn't the place for a discussion on the policy and how it's implemented .

It's only for people seeking help or information on claiming state benefits

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This is not a state benefits matter.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement