Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storck TT

Options
  • 22-01-2015 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of this Storck Aero Frame? Looking for a stiff replacement frame to suit tall and long-legged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of this Storck Aero Frame? Looking for a stiff replacement frame to suit tall and long-legged.
    stiff yes aero no http://www.tour-magazin.de/technik/test_center/raeder/zeitfahrraeder/zeitfahr-rahmen-2011/a13295.html
    tested slowest bike in tour test 2011 )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Yes, I've had the aero for the last 3 years and really like it and it fits really well.

The test that Peter is referring to is for the Aero2 - mines the original Aero.

But if it is slow then it's good to know I can get faster just by buying a new bike :-)

Not sure where you are based but you are welcome to try mine out - It's a 57cm frame but I'm 6ft4" with longish legs - and I had a proper bike fit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

yes test is aero 2 which i is the more expensive frame priced 6999 euro back then. but lets say its unlikely that their cheaper frame is more aero ...
    the storck aerario also tested last in the last aero road bike test.

btw i am not saying at all its not a good bike and besides its eye candy . at the same time i would not be a beliver that the stiffness of an triathlon tt bike is the most important. unless you are 100kg and have a ftp off 470 and you can produce 1300 watts plus than it might something to consider
    My 2 cent

and yes we can say aero bricks like the bikes of stadler alexander (won twice on a orbea and non aero helmet ) badman lorri bowden and to some extend crissie wellington on p2 which was 2nd or 3rd in the cervelo line have done quite well on hawaii.
    so I would not over read those aero test specially if you race most of your races with 20 cyclists around you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Thanks for the replies. I did some more research, and will pass on the storck. I've good wheels and components on a basic frame (PlanetX stealth), looking to upgrade the frame. Until something special comes along, I'll stay content with what I have and focus on the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I did some more research, and will pass on the storck. I've good wheels and components on a basic frame (PlanetX stealth), looking to upgrade the frame. Until something special comes along, I'll stay content with what I have and focus on the engine.

I honestly think that this is the best approach for you. Bang for buck there is much more that could be done!

• Advertisement
Advertisement