Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre and PS4

Options
  • 22-01-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

My friend Dave Gaughan got Eircom eFibre and their standard F1000 router. We used a PS4 wifi to test the internet connection speeds of his Eircom unit against my unlocked F1000 which runs the latest Operating System (firmware) released by ZyXel, manufacturer of the F1000. The routers have identical hardware.

No prizes for guessing which firmware resulted in ~300% increase in throughput, up and down, as reported by the PS4. The photographs, below, are taken a few minutes apart.

336051.jpg
    Above the PS4 Internet Test with the Eircom F1000 firmware

336050.jpg
    Above the PS4 Internet Test with the latest ZyXel F1000 firmware
    You can find out how to unlock your F1000 and flash a firmware that works in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I get better speeds then that and I use wifi efibre .....
    how far are you from the exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Dermot McDonnell

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I get better speeds then that and I use wifi efibre .....
    how far are you from the exchange?

My mate's quiet a distance from the cabinet. Point is whatever speeds you are currently gettings will be much improved by applying the software fix to the F1000. See the unlock thread, @dusf did the unlock this evening and reports his wifi throughput is up ~100% with zero packet loss. Sync up speed is up 5mb too. All in all that's a big performance improvement especially is you have multiple human gamers involved.

Advertisement