Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked Websites?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have recently moved to eircom from UPC. UPC's service, technical abilities and equipment were severely lacking. Since moving to eircom I'm happier with the service and equipment provided but a lot has gone wrong and there have been many phone calls in an attempt to fix it.

Anyway on to my specific query now. Is it Eircom's policy to block websites on customers? I am not able to view http://www.acer.co.uk on any laptop or device connected to my home eircom WiFI. If I connect to 3G via my mobile carrier everything works perfectly. This has been rather annoying as I recently purchased an Acer laptop and was performing a clean install to remove the crap and bloatware on it.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Hi,

We have recently moved to eircom from UPC. UPC's service, technical abilities and equipment were severely lacking. Since moving to eircom I'm happier with the service and equipment provided but a lot has gone wrong and there have been many phone calls in an attempt to fix it.

Anyway on to my specific query now. Is it Eircom's policy to block websites on customers? I am not able to view http://www.acer.co.uk on any laptop or device connected to my home eircom WiFI. If I connect to 3G via my mobile carrier everything works perfectly. This has been rather annoying as I recently purchased an Acer laptop and was performing a clean install to remove the crap and bloatware on it.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

I have Eircom I just tried acer UK website and it loaded for me I don't use Eircom DNS servers though it might be a DNS issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

jay93 wrote: »
    I have Eircom I just tried acer UK website and it loaded for me I don't use Eircom DNS servers though it might be a DNS issue.
    Thanks, never dawned on me to check that! Working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi , a little off topic but I'm thinking of getting the e vision package. Do the boxes have a hdmi connection on them .. My cables are hidden behind the wall and I only ran hdmi cables through.
    Also with e fibre can I still access kat website ? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi , a little off topic but I'm thinking of getting the e vision package. Do the boxes have a hdmi connection on them .. My cables are hidden behind the wall and I only ran hdmi cables through.
    Also with e fibre can I still access kat website ? Thanks
    Hi hawkelady

Yes the evision boxes have HDMI ports, this is required for viewing material in HD.

While some file sharing sites may be blocked I think that it's important to check out the information contained in this link here: http://www.eircom.net/notification/legalmusic/faqs

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement