Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year visa application. Do I really need ''Certified Copies'' of everything?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

So I've done my days, got them signed and all that. I have loads of proof that I've done the work. Bank statements, wage slips, pics of me working, etc.

I'm about to start my online application now. I'm anxious to get it processed and accepted as soon as possible so I can get going.

It says on the website

You must provide certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless we specifically ask for them. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.

Acceptable evidence of employment includes certified copies of:
    payslips
    group certificates
    payment summaries
    tax return
    employer references
    a completed employment verification form
    Australian bank statement covering the period of declared specified work.

So, most of my pay slips, bank statements etc were sent to me online, so there is no ''original document'' as such. Should I just print off 2 of everything and bring them to the Garda station to get stamped or what?
    I don't really see why that's necessary. They can easily contact my employers if they want. All the ABN's and phone number's are in my Employment Verification Form 1263.

I'm applying from Ireland. How long do the visas generally take to get granted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

There is no need to get them certified. Just upload them as pdf.

And bring copies with you when you come back as you definately will be stopped upon re-entry for questioning.

VISA can take anywhere between 24 hours and 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

They can easily contact my employers if they want.

Good call. Make them do the work. Can't see what could possibly go wrong.

Advertisement