Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 honours irish question

• 22-01-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello. Just a quick question to people who have sat honours irish for the leaving cert. I am currently in fifth year and I am interested in studying science or medicine when I go to college. I'm just wondering how difficult it is to get an A1 in honours irish compared to other subjects such as business or applied maths etc . I never attended a Gaelscoil and I have never attended the gaeltacht either. Is it possible for a student who hardly ever speaks Irish to achieve an A1 or would it be too time consuming? Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 James97

The oral is easy enough to do well in, just be prepared to talk a lot and they will give you the marks, For both paper one and two a lot of learning is required .. A lot! But if you're able to learn off stuff easily enough you should be grand, the thing that gets me is the listening comprhenesion .. Just can't do well in it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

With a lot of work and practice it of possible! The oral is 40% so you will need a lot of practice at that mainly, if you're considering medicine you are obviously expecting high points so you should be well able to learn the information for the written paper if you are willing to put in the effort! I have notes in my blog about leaving cert Irish which may be a help to you leaving cert help notes on blogger is the name, I can't post the link because I'm a new user but if you type that in it will come up :) if you have any questions about the Irish exam feel free to ask :)

Advertisement