Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband problems

Options
  • 22-01-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

i posted here before about the slow broadband speed i was getting and it was sorted not long after that. Well a week or two ago i had a line fault and my line speed dropped dramatically and i put a call into tech support who sent an engineer out who fixed my line fault. however if was still very bad so i checked the speeds and was getting less than 1mb when the line has been handling 7mb no problem before. so called tech support and they went through everything and found that my router was at fault. been a sunday i was asked to call back next day to organise a new router but didnt as i had another router to test it and sure enough it brought it up to 5mb, still not the 7mb i was getting before and now even on 5mb its absolutely brutal cant even stream a youtube video at 360p without it constantly buffering. Can you check this out for me? also can a new line be hooked up to the pole as i have a friend not far from me who had this done after he was having similar issues and can now get 12mb. Also i cant login to my online account properly keeps saying account ceased or moving to fibre. Any help would be appreciated as im getting increasingly frustrated with the service and im considering moving to someone else

thanks
    Donal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

R3aPeR wrote: »
    Hi,

i posted here before about the slow broadband speed i was getting and it was sorted not long after that. Well a week or two ago i had a line fault and my line speed dropped dramatically and i put a call into tech support who sent an engineer out who fixed my line fault. however if was still very bad so i checked the speeds and was getting less than 1mb when the line has been handling 7mb no problem before. so called tech support and they went through everything and found that my router was at fault. been a sunday i was asked to call back next day to organise a new router but didnt as i had another router to test it and sure enough it brought it up to 5mb, still not the 7mb i was getting before and now even on 5mb its absolutely brutal cant even stream a youtube video at 360p without it constantly buffering. Can you check this out for me? also can a new line be hooked up to the pole as i have a friend not far from me who had this done after he was having similar issues and can now get 12mb. Also i cant login to my online account properly keeps saying account ceased or moving to fibre. Any help would be appreciated as im getting increasingly frustrated with the service and im considering moving to someone else

thanks
    Donal
    Sorry to hear of these issues R3aPeR

Please feel free to DM me your eircom account number & I'll look in to this for you.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12 R3aPeR

dm sent appreciate it alan

cheers,
    donal

dm sent appreciate it alan

cheers,
    donal
    Hi R3aPeR

The AC number you DM'd me is showing no longer active (since July '14) Do you have a new account number? The land line number will do :)

Cheers
    Al

hi alan,
    i dm'd it there to ya

thanks,
    donal

hi alan,
    i dm'd it there to ya

thanks,
    donal

Hi Reaper,

I have looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that your line is qualifying for up to 20Mb - 'up to' is used as ultimately the service must be active and speeds can deemed on a number of things.

The package you are on offers speeds of 'up to' 8Mb - This can be changed to up to 20Mb by upgraded to what is referred to as the "high" version. The upgrade will require a change in port at the exchange from ADSL to ADSL2+ and has an expected timeframe of between 5 & 10 working days.

I highly advise going for the high version as there's no extra cost per month nor connection fee. If this is something that interests you please let me know & I'll put through the order for you.

Cheers

Al

• Advertisement

thats great news alan could you put that order through straight away for me. really appreciate all your help. you get alot more help here than you do when you call in. anytime i asked about higher speeds i was told no and nothing was ever mentioned about switching to the higher version. will this switch also qualify me for fiber when it eventually reaches my area? is there any time frame on that also its been available in my town for 6months now and people in estates up the road either side of me actually have it.
    thanks,
    donal

thats great news alan could you put that order through straight away for me. really appreciate all your help. you get alot more help here than you do when you call in. anytime i asked about higher speeds i was told no and nothing was ever mentioned about switching to the higher version. will this switch also qualify me for fiber when it eventually reaches my area? is there any time frame on that also its been available in my town for 6months now and people in estates up the road either side of me actually have it.
    thanks,
    donaI

No worries,

I've placed that order now

I'll look in to the efibre plans and get back as soon as I have more information

Thanks
    Al

thanks alan really appreciate it. any word on my online login into my account so i can pay a few quid.

thanks,
    donal

thanks alan really appreciate it. any word on my online login into my account so i can pay a few quid.

thanks,
    donal

Hi R3aPeR

I've looked in to the efibre plans for your specific area and I can confirm that[font=Calibri","sans-serif] your line and others in your specific area are currently connected directly to the exchange so I’m sorry to say efibre is not available at present with no short term timeframe yet advisable.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local efibre cabinets & utilise slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]It's not possible to change a directly fed line on to existing VDSL cabinets however the only good news i can offer you is that efibre operations have confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months.[/font]

Sorry to hear of the my eircom issues Donal, I had missed this in your first post - Are you using the account number you PM'd me originally? It showed up as the wrong one for me which is why I had to ask you to PM me your land line number. Please ensure you are using your new account number - if you have not registered to my eircom using the new account number (starting with the number 8) please do so.

Thanks
    Al

Hi alan,
    thanks for the update its good to know at least something is in the works. Think i tried register with the new a/c number before but il try again
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi alan,
    thanks for the update its good to know at least something is in the works. Think i tried register with the new a/c number before but il try again
    Thanks
    You're welcome R3aPeR

Let me know how it goes with my eircom please

Al

Advertisement