Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SD card formatting problems

• 22-01-2015 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, camera newbie here.
    I'm hoping someone could help me out with a problem I'm having with a new memory card.
    I used up the card that originally came with the camera (Nikon D3000) so I'm after getting a new one (64GB SDXC), but when I inserted it into the camera a message came up saying to format the card.
    I formatted it with my computer, but the same message came up again when I put it back into the camera. Then I formatted it through the camera itself and now it says 'Card full'.

I'm out of ideas.
    Is the card faulty or am I missing something? :confused:

Any advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

According to Nikon, the camera only supports SDHC cards up to 32GB. So that might be the issue.
    I can't post a link unfortunately but you can google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Ok thanks. That was probably very obvious, I haven't a clue about SD cards.:o

Thanks again. I have a lot more to learn! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

No problem. I'm sure that you can easily sell this one since it's brand new and get a new one that is supported.

Advertisement