Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying my first arcade machine on a budget. Can it be done?

• 22-01-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

As in the title, I want to buy a fully working arcade machine on a budget of about 200 - 250. Can it be done? I am useless at woodwork etc and not really able. Any advice or ads spotted or anyone in Ireland that might have a cab in my budget. Thanks.

Ronan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yes definitely, stick an ad in the marketplace, there is often woodies for in around that type of money, you might need to replace a few bits like buttons/sticks but its definitely do-able

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A Silverline or similar is doable for that price.
    Just be prepared to replace a few buttons or tidy up some cosmetic features.
    But that's part of the fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A Silverline or similar is doable for that price.
    Just be prepared to replace a few buttons or tidy up some cosmetic features.
    But that's part of the fun!

Any where or one that has such a machine for sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I might be able to help you out, stick an add in the marketplace and we can work from there as no sales allowed here. (hope that's OK cidey) if not delete this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

safetyboy wrote: »
    I might be able to help you out, stick an add in the marketplace and we can work from there as no sales allowed here. (hope that's OK cidey) if not delete this post.

Cool. I just put a wanted add up now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They finally understand!
    I may shed a quick man tear....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

At that price a bar top might be worth considering if you dont mind a smaller cab that stands on a table:

Starcade_Deluxe_2014_.jpg

They dont seem as small in reality.

Advertisement