Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial tax

• 22-01-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all looking to buy a van just for going in and out to work daily something like a Seat inca etc....

Question is can i tax it straight as commercial also I have a car which ill be using for day to day shops trips weekends etc.... car has fully comp with both myself and the wife so what way should or can i insure the van at lowest cost??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

info13 wrote: »
    Hi all looking to buy a van just for going in and out to work daily something like a Seat inca etc....

Question is can i tax it straight as commercial also I have a car which ill be using for day to day shops trips weekends etc.... car has fully comp with both myself and the wife so what way should or can i insure the van at lowest cost??

No you can't tax it commercial as you aren't using it commercially and you will have to ring around all the company's to see who will give you the best deal, a company cheap today can be expensive tomorrow as they constantly adjust risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭info13

I do on site maintenance would be carrying tools and bits i need would that not be considered commercial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

info13 wrote: »
    I do on site maintenance would be carrying tools and bits i need would that not be considered commercial?

That's not what you said in the OP. I think it might.

I did I said I need a van for work daily and will be using the car for home-life didn't i? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭kay 9

Your shouldn't have a problem if you're self employed or get a letter from employer. Herd number also sufficient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yes, you can tax it commercial.

im employed at the same site each day just car gets destroyed in dirt etc... and don't want a van if will be full whack on tax too

Tax it commercial and never mind the "goody two shoes"
    Posters here. Only a fool Would pay private tax on a commercial vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Tax it commercial and never mind the "goody two shoes"
    Posters here. Only a fool Would pay private tax on a commercial vehicle.

we are not allowed to advise people to commit illegal acts. This guy may have grounds to get commercial tax, most people asking on here don't.

OP : ask the people down at Shannon

Advertisement