Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear plugs that won't fall out whilst sleeping?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

My three housemates cannot close doors without slamming and all work different shifts, morning and evening.
    I have had the worst sleep the last while.
    I bought normal ear plugs but if I roll onto my side they fall out. maybe I have small ear canals or something but when I put them in they nearly always protrude a bit past the outside of my ear.
    Will spend any amount of money on a good pair/pairs if it means I get a good nights sleep!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

The disposable foam plugs that you roll and compress before putting in your ear are best.
    Once they expand they fit snug and don't fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

try wax ones you can mould them together to make different sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I got silicone ones in boots. They are excellent and will stick in once you mold them in. Foam ones can't be beaten but I find the silicone better at blocking noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 flatey

Motorbicyclists shops are where to look (wind noise can be a problem at speeds).

Most bike shops (interwebz ones too) carry some brand of mouldable silicone ear plugs.
    They come as two different tubs of goo that set when mixed.
    You just mix the right amount together, stick it in your ear and shape it.
    Bend it into your ear wrinkles (sorry, can't think of a better word) and they'll be a good solid snug fit.
    It takes a couple of minutes to set and you're good to go.

You usually get enough goo for three, so you can experiment a bit with the first one.
    Don't be afraid to really jam it in to your ear-hole for the best fit.
    It will come out in one piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Make sure to give them a small lick to create a seal in your canal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 flatey

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Make sure to give them a small lick to create a seal in your canal!!

The ear plugs, not your ears.

Advertisement