Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comissioner for Oaths

Options
  • 23-01-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All
    Could anyone tell me where I would find a Commissioner for Oaths in Waterford?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Pat Newell solictor across the road from the court house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

guest1980 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Could anyone tell me where I would find a Commissioner for Oaths in Waterford?

Thanks

out of interest....Whats a commisioner for oaths specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Max Powers wrote: »
    out of interest....Whats a commisioner for oaths specifically?

They can have a few different roles, but basically a Commissioner for Oaths are law-abiding citizens, sometimes of note, who act as a legal witness in varying cases. They can witness parents passport application details, they sit in as responsible adults when persons under 18 are arrested and need to be interviewed, and there is no parent/guardian available.

Taken from Citizens Information:
    The Functions of a Commissioner for Oaths
    The essential functions of a Commissioner for Oaths are:

to make sure that the evidence in question is in written form (the draft affidavit)
    to establish that the person before him/her has read the draft affidavit and fully understands the contents
    to require the person to swear that the affidavit is true by raising the appropriate Testament in the right hand and repeating the words of the oath
    to verify that the affidavit was properly sworn by completing a "jurat" on the affidavit
    to charge a fee for his/her services.

OP, contact Waterford District Court Office and they will give you a list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Email Dept of Justice and they'll send you a list or go to a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Email Dept of Justice and they'll send you a list or go to a solicitor.

Keep in mind you'll have to pay a solicitor but you won't for an individual who holds the post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

It's a peace commissioner who can't charge a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

You're right, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

The court clerk is a Commissioner of Oaths, your best to ring just to check he is there. I think there's a €10 standard fee for document verification .

Citizens Information have a list of names and numbers they can give you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jay.i.am

There is Comissioner for Oaths available free of charge in St Brigids Centre on the Lower Yellow Rd. I think it is on Thursday mornings but might not be every Thurs. If you give them a ring they will tell you. I used the service myself recently.

Advertisement