If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony TV???

Options
  • 23-01-2015 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi Richersounds this is my first post here have been looking through other posts and see nothing but positive comments about your service and customer support..

Anyway to get to the point, thinking of upgrading my TV soon and have decided on Sony never had any bad experience with them. 90% of viewing will be 2D HD Content. There are two models i currently have my eye on..

KDL55W829
    Seen a lot of reviews of the 50 inch version of this all really good some even say its better than the 955..

KDL60W855
    Main reason for this one is i currently have a 48'' and not sure i'll get that WOW factor by only stepping up to the 55''

Both being from the W8 series im guessing these displays are pretty similar except for the size and design differences. Anyway I'm sure you've seen these two in action a lot and would welcome any advice you have for me.

Thanks...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Barry5714 wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds this is my first post here have been looking through other posts and see nothing but positive comments about your service and customer support..

Anyway to get to the point, thinking of upgrading my TV soon and have decided on Sony never had any bad experience with them. 90% of viewing will be 2D HD Content. There are two models i currently have my eye on..

KDL55W829
    Seen a lot of reviews of the 50 inch version of this all really good some even say its better than the 955..

KDL60W855
    Main reason for this one is i currently have a 48'' and not sure i'll get that WOW factor by only stepping up to the 55''

Both being from the W8 series im guessing these displays are pretty similar except for the size and design differences. Anyway I'm sure you've seen these two in action a lot and would welcome any advice you have for me.

Thanks...
    Barry thanks for the post and the kind comments and apologies for the delay getting to your post :o!

I have a soft spot for the 60W855 - its really a seriously impressive TV for the money - if I was allowed, I'd have one myself at home - its that impressive and the price is spot on as well ( we are at €1449 including delivery and the 5 year warranty)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201122-bravia-kdl60w855.aspx

As you say - with your 48" - I'm not sure if the step up to a 55 will really 'Wow you'

The 55W829 is also a really impressive bit of kit and of course at just €1129.99 including delivery and the 5 year warranty its excellent value
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200597-bravia-kdl55w829.aspx

...but if you were going for a 55" - do have a look at the Panasonic TX55AS802 - its a THX approved panel ( and it shows!!) - it really looks great - its slightly more expensive at €1349.99 including delivery and the 5 year warranty - but its really worth it!
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200486-viera-tx55as802b.aspx

Thanks again for the post and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Barry5714

Hi John and thanks for the in depth reply.

I must say at the moment i'm leaning towards the 60W855 it's a very good price for a 60'' TV. I had a quick look at the Panasonic it's got an amazing array of features but things i don't need like the 2nd remote, freesat and built in camera are probably contributing to the higher price and when u can have a 60'' for only an extra 100 Euro it's very tempting..

One question about wall mounting the 60W855 what's the distance between the mounting holes on the back of the TV. My current bracket can support 450mm vertical & about 720mm horizontal spacings it can also tilt which i think is required for this TV..

I will think about it over the weekend and hopefully make a final decision..

Thanks again...

I must say at the moment i'm leaning towards the 60W855 it's a very good price for a 60'' TV. I had a quick look at the Panasonic it's got an amazing array of features but things i don't need like the 2nd remote, freesat and built in camera are probably contributing to the higher price and when u can have a 60'' for only an extra 100 Euro it's very tempting..

One question about wall mounting the 60W855 what's the distance between the mounting holes on the back of the TV. My current bracket can support 450mm vertical & about 720mm horizontal spacings it can also tilt which i think is required for this TV..

Thanks again...

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks again...
    Hi Barry5714.

Done a bit of digging and the distance between them is 300mm by 300mm
    http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/faq/KDL-60W855B

Hope this helps.

Once you've done some thinking let us know :)

Have a good weekend.

Thanks for the info Kenny my current mount should do, found the box of it last night and its a  Sanus VMPL50A says it supports up to 70''. I will more than likely be going with the 60W855 so and hope to order off ye early next week..

How long would delivery to Cork take??

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info Kenny my current mount should do, found the box of it last night and its a  Sanus VMPL50A says it supports up to 70''. I will more than likely be going with the 60W855 so and hope to order off ye early next week..

How long would delivery to Cork take??
    Hi Barry5714.

We do have them here in stock in Belfast but I don't think our normal courier would take it due to its size and value.

It would therefore have to go from our main warehouse in Manchester, this would make delivery to yourself around Thursday of next week.

Ok guys just ordered the SONY BRAVIA KDL60W855 on your website, wasn't sure if i could charge that much to my visa debit card but it worked got the receipt by email straight away.

Hopefully i'll be up and running by the weekend.

Thanks..

Ok guys just ordered the SONY BRAVIA KDL60W855 on your website, wasn't sure if i could charge that much to my visa debit card but it worked got the receipt by email straight away.

Hopefully i'll be up and running by the weekend.

Thanks..
    Hi Barry5714.

Got the order through on our system.

I'll get it looked after and drop you an ETA for delivery.

Thanks for the order :D

Cheers Kenny...

Hi Kenny.

Any update on this, can i expect delivery before the weekend??

• Advertisement

My account on your website says it was shipped today..

Can you confirm?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Can you confirm?
    Barry,

yep, shipped and should be with you Friday so get the vac out and start cleaning out that corner of the living room - you wont be seeing it again for some time ;)

I'll ask Dave to give you a shout with a contact number for the courier so you can get an idea of ETA ( all weather permitting of course!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Can you confirm?
    Barry,

yep, shipped and should be with you Friday so get the vac out and start cleaning out that corner of the living room - you wont be seeing it again for some time ;)

I'll ask Dave to give you a shout with a contact number for the courier so you can get an idea of ETA ( all weather permitting of course!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John was just talking to Dave, he gave me all the info..

Just need to pick out a few movies now for the weekend and see what this bad boy can do...

Thanks again..

Can you confirm?
    Barry,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John was just talking to Dave, he gave me all the info..

Just need to pick out a few movies now for the weekend and see what this bad boy can do...

Thanks again..
    Hi Barry5714.

Just a little post to check you are all up and running and enjoying your screen :)

Hi Kenny, was planning on leaving a comment today about my experience so far you beat me to it.:o

Ya up and running courier rang me after on Wednesday to organize delivery for Thursday which was an added bonus..

The TV itself is amazing and HUGE excellent picture quality constantly fiddling with the picture settings there's so many of them massive improvement over my old Phillips LCD, sound is also very good which i wasn't expecting from an LED, I also got a hold of Gravity in 3D and tested it last night looked pretty cool my first 3D experience so nothing to compare it to, mounted it on the wall yesterday and I must say it looks really well now with all wires hidden in the wall out of sight...

So all in all another happy customer here and I'll be back in the future for any AV equipment i might need.

Thanks again for all your help..

Barry.

Hi Kenny, was planning on leaving a comment today about my experience so far you beat me to it.:o

Ya up and running courier rang me after on Wednesday to organize delivery for Thursday which was an added bonus..

The TV itself is amazing and HUGE excellent picture quality constantly fiddling with the picture settings there's so many of them massive improvement over my old Phillips LCD, sound is also very good which i wasn't expecting from an LED, I also got a hold of Gravity in 3D and tested it last night looked pretty cool my first 3D experience so nothing to compare it to, mounted it on the wall yesterday and I must say it looks really well now with all wires hidden in the wall out of sight...

So all in all another happy customer here and I'll be back in the future for any AV equipment i might need.

Thanks again for all your help..

Barry.
    Hi Barry5714.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying the Sony. It really is a cracking television.

Let us know when your ready for some AV and we'll see what we can come up with ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.