Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Front fogs

• 23-01-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I installed front fogs on my car, originally didn't have any. Now I understand all the wiring etc. My main question is if I wire back to switch on dash (own switch) not headlight switch is it ok for nct. They were originally connected to dipped headlights under bonnet but I wanted to put independent switch so can leave off. Passed nct last year coming on with dipped lights.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Front Fog lights working aren't part of the test, but why not wire them correctly with a dash switch and a relay so that they can only be turned on when the parking lights/headlights are on?
    Having them wired to the headlights isn't a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jagermister

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Front Fog lights working aren't part of the test, but why not wire them correctly with a dash switch and a relay so that they can only be turned on when the parking lights/headlights are on?
    Having them wired to the headlights isn't a great idea.

Original light switch doesn't have option for front fogs so I basically didn't want touching what isn't broke or buying newer version to be left with old. I want to put switch for fogs only close to main switch for use when needed only. I had planned on keeping it completely independent from main lights, wiring,switch,fuse,relay. Just my own idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You may as well do it right though if you're gonna do it. Wiring a switch into the dash and wiring in a relay is a piece of p*** to do, it'll mean you'll reduce the chances of running the battery down accidentally.

Switch normally looks like this
    front-fog-light-switch-450-fortwo-4404-p.jpg

You can buy a universal harness with wiring, switch, relay etc

0006667_universal-wiring-kit-for-fog-lamp-light-with-switch.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jagermister

Thanks Colm. Il check these out

Advertisement