Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you deliver documents to the CAO office directly?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I would like some help please on this as I am still awaiting exam results to be sent to me which I need to pass on to CAO with the deadline looming. They will likely not arrive until next week and as I happen to be in Galway next weekend anyway, I'm wondering if CAO will accept documents that are delivered directly to them or do they only accept through the post?

Comments

Ring them and see.
    They probably won't be open at the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Mr rebel wrote: »
    I would like some help please on this as I am still awaiting exam results to be sent to me which I need to pass on to CAO with the deadline looming. They will likely not arrive until next week and as I happen to be in Galway next weekend anyway, I'm wondering if CAO will accept documents that are delivered directly to them or do they only accept through the post?

Are you applying online? Then you have to send on supporting documentation. Are you saying you won't know the results in time for the deadline, or you won't have a physical copy?

If so '3. If you apply online, instructions about the submission of any additional documentation will appear on screen. Such documents must arrive in CAO within seven days of the submission of the online application.'

http://www.cao.ie/handbook.php?page=12

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Thanks for the replies but thankfully I got it all sorted and was able to post off my supporting documents today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Sorry to hijack your thread but was just wondering do the CAO acknowledge that they received the documents sent to them? I posted mine over a month ago, have a proof of post receipt etc. But when I sign into the CAO website it's still telling me to send all relevant documents!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Sorry to hijack your thread but was just wondering do the CAO acknowledge that they received the documents sent to them? I posted mine over a month ago, have a proof of post receipt etc. But when I sign into the CAO website it's still telling me to send all relevant documents!

A month is a long time. If you didn't put the stamped self addressed envelope in with your docs then CAO wont write out to tell you they have them. It might be a case that they don't update the records until after the closing date but if you contact them it might put your mind at ease. If you send them a query via the website they should come back to you within 24 hrs or at least that's been my experience of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement