Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can you recommend a wireless hard drive for Apple

• 23-01-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I'm looking to purchase a wireless hard drive that iPhone and iPads can connect toto watch movies. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

have a look at this

LaCie Fuel

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just bought this: Kinston WiFi Does everything you want. Recharges, acts as a WiFi hotspot from Ethernet, and you store and play media from SD cards or USB sticks which means you can bring tonnes of stuff around with you. I have a 32GB Kingston WiDrive, but they are pricey, and not half as useful as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Thank you Whippet but that's a bit pricey for my budget.

White rebel that looks good. Can I ask a stupid question I presume I put the movies on the sd card and then put the sd card into the device you link?

What about the wireless seagate in argos, sorry I can't link (not enough posts)

Actually just checked the wireless one in argos it's a bit pricey for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thank you Whippet but that's a bit pricey for my budget.

White rebel that looks good. Can I ask a stupid question I presume I put the movies on the sd card and then put the sd card into the device you link?

What about the wireless seagate in argos, sorry I can't link (not enough posts)

Yes, so your only limit is the amount of SD cards you have. Cracking kit for the price.

• Advertisement

Just looking at this again and I'm wondering about this one

Argos cat number 281/7277

Sandisk connect 64gb wireless media drive €119.99

It has an sd slot too so you can add more. It is Usb 2 compatibility, is that not great?

The Kingston one above has gone upto £35 so thinking the Sandisk or the LaCie one might be a better buy now.

Anyone offer any help with this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 summer21

Anyone offer any help with this please?

Just got the San disk connect wireless sub with 32 g sd card.

55 euro for pix mania with another 9.90 for delivery.

Does what it says on tin and happy with it.
    Easy to set up.
    Only gotcha is to get it to play non supported formats movies.eg a I
    Other app required and had to try a few to get it to work.

App is its playing pro. 4.99 on App Store.
    Good luck

I'll take a look at that, do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 summer21

Can't post links as not regular user but if you do search on utube there is a video

• Advertisement

Ok thanks I'll do a search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Have a look at the Verbatim Mediashare wireless device. Costs ~ €40.
    You can connect SD cards or any old USB hard disk.
    Has inbuilt WiFi and an IOS app.

Advertisement