Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT 9 months out

• 23-01-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi.
    For various reasons my NCT is 9 months out of date (it was off the road for a good while and needed bits fixed so I am getting it fixed up and NCT'd now).

It was up on 5th April of 2014. My question is - if I get an appointment before 5th April this year - does this mean that I will have to NCT it again once 5th April this year comes around?
    In other words should I wait until after 5th April to get it tested (March is the earliest available date anyway)?
    Or does the system not work that way?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

No - if you car passes you will get a full 12months (nearly sure from the correct date 5th April)

Just did it myself, cert was more than 1 yr out of data :eek:

Phone up early morning and look for a test date - was able to get one on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

You could try getting it done now and get 15 months out of it. My car was out 9 months and was then put through 3 months before the anniversary and got 15 months test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

No - if you car passes you will get a full 12months (nearly sure from the correct date 5th April)

Just did it myself, cert was more than 1 yr out of data :eek:

Phone up early morning and look for a test date - was able to get one on the day

Isn't that only in the case of a car with an existing cert though? I thought cars that were out got a cert to the next anniversary if that was + 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

corktina wrote: »
    Isn't that only in the case of a car with an existing cert though? I thought cars that were out got a cert to the next anniversary if that was + 3 months.

That's correct.
    But OP's case is less than 3 month to next anniversary, so he will get it for over 12 months (until April 2016).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I have a car I haven't declared off the road that needs to be NCT'd (it's not being driven, either..) since 06/12.. what happens if I NCT tomorrow? I need to bring it back the next day? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you'll get an NCT to the aniversary.. June

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Just a heads up if you cant get a date in 4 weeks test is free :pac:

Advertisement