Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin is almost the best city in the world for North Americans to live in

Options
  • 23-01-2015 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

NEW RESEARCH HAS found Dublin to be the second most livable location in the world for North American employees.

This makes it the most livable city for North Americans outside of North America – with Ireland’s capital city ranking only behind the Canadian city of Toronto.

This comes in a study from ECA International, a consultancy firm that provides assistance to companies with global operations.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dublin-almost-best-city-world-north-americans-live-104957427.html

Rip to our ears and to our kids accents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭cgcsb

makes sense, there is bland food here for those that are willing to buy it and of course they are well understood by the locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

No surprises there

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Why is anybody giving any attention to such a silly silly study. It seems the Irish need for approval is endless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

liam24 wrote: »
    Why is anybody giving any attention to such a silly silly study. It seems the Irish need for approval is endless.

Its a study commissioned by a a consultancy firm that provides assistance to companies with global operations, nothing to do with any Irish 'need for approval'. Those of us who live in Dublin already know how great it is sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

cgcsb wrote: »
    makes sense, there is bland food here for those that are willing to buy it and of course they are well understood by the locals.

You're obviously quiet unfamiliar with the type of American that would live in Dublin. They'd be fairly well traveled, well educated and the ones I know are adventurous when it comes to food. Last time I was out with American friends was a Vietnamese restaurant.
    liam24 wrote: »
    Why is anybody giving any attention to such a silly silly study.

I'd say it's a pretty serious study to the right people. Not you of course. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Toronto is in North America surely? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭cgcsb

John_Rambo wrote: »
    You're obviously quiet unfamiliar with the type of American that would live in Dublin. They'd be fairly well traveled, well educated and the ones I know are adventurous when it comes to food. Last time I was out with American friends was a Vietnamese restaurant.

fair enough I was half joking of course.

cgcsb wrote: »
    fair enough I was half joking of course.

Fair enough back... They'd be wealthy too. A big advantage living in Dublin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kurumul

Fair enough back... They'd be wealthy too. A big advantage living in Dublin! :)
    Wealthy. ! Sure they would need to be when living in our horrendously overpriced City. !

• Advertisement

kurumul wrote: »
    Wealthy. ! Sure they would need to be when living in our horrendously overpriced City. !

Being wealthy helps anywhere Kurumul. I wouldn't go as far as horrendously overpriced when it comes to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Being wealthy helps anywhere Kurumul. I wouldn't go as far as horrendously overpriced when it comes to Dublin.

Dublin is way above most Cities in Europe, myself and my sister (living in Glasgow) were recently discussing it while looking at similar properties and price ranges on the local housing/renting websites.
    For the price of a basic Studio in Dublin City you're looking at a luxurious 2-3 Bed flat/appertment in the nicer parts of Glasgow/Edinburgh. That's including council taxes over there.
    We found that we even slightly above London.

Dublin certainly is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sabat wrote: »
    Toronto is in North America surely? :confused:
    Maybe it's out of this world. ;)

CianRyan wrote: »
    For the price of a basic Studio in Dublin City you're looking at a luxurious 2-3 Bed flat/appertment in the nicer parts of Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Fair enough, but Glasgow and Edinburgh may not offer what Dublin has to offer, hence the price difference. Not sure about the London reference, If you have found somewhere in central London (megacity) with a similar square footage that's cheaper than a Dublin house you should keep it secret, buy it and the neighbouring houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kurumul

Fair enough, but Glasgow and Edinburgh may not offer what Dublin has to offer, hence the price difference. Not sure about the London reference, If you have found somewhere in central London (megacity) with a similar square footage that's cheaper than a Dublin house you should keep it secret, buy it and the neighbouring houses.
    John. Can you please explain what "Dublin has to offer" that's not offered in Glasgow or Edinburgh. ? Forget the weather :-)

kurumul wrote: »
    John. Can you please explain what "Dublin has to offer" that's not offered in Glasgow or Edinburgh. ? Forget the weather :-)

Evidently lots!

If Glasgow and Edinburgh had what Dublin has to offer they would be the second most livable locations in the world for North American employees. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Rip to our ears and to our kids accents.

People with D4 kids will barely notice.

Advertisement