Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

so I'm doing a sweet table just wondering if anyone who has done this can give me a heads up on where is the cheapest to buy sweets musgraves or the likes of dealz /euroshops/ aldi? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

emzibob wrote: »
    so I'm doing a sweet table just wondering if anyone who has done this can give me a heads up on where is the cheapest to buy sweets musgraves or the likes of dealz /euroshops/ aldi? Thanks in advance

Dealz are doing a lot of old fashioned sweets, sticks of rock etc. They look really pretty. Mr.Price is also quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Loads of bridal shoes reduced to €34 in debenhams

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Loads of bridal shoes reduced to €34 in debenhams

I got some in last sale they're a perfect little heel and really comfortable as far as I can tell. Similar to first pic ones.
    They usually have lots of smaller sizes left so if anyone has bigger feet I'd suggest to move quickly I was lucky to get a 7. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Great hair accessories / fascinators in Dealz for €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ballymagirl

Large wicker hearts reduced from €8 to €4 in Heatons. There are lanterns and hurricane vases reduced also that are not on the website so worth a trip in store if you're on the hunt. I'll try and attach a pic of the hearts.

anyone seen these around lately? looking for 2 big ones for the back of the bride and groom chairs and maybe about 10 smaller ones as pew ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Thanks for the shoe tips, going in today for a look as they aren't' something I'm too bothered about and I have the cash at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

Does anyone know where I could get flip flops for the ladies bathroom? About 20 pairs. Penneys were sold out in July when I went shopping for them. I know they had them for €1.50 a pair, so now I'm reluctant to pay any more than that. Although i'm starting to get desperate as the wedding is less than a month away!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

emmcc wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get flip flops for the ladies bathroom? About 20 pairs. Penneys were sold out in July when I went shopping for them. I know they had them for €1.50 a pair, so now I'm reluctant to pay any more than that. Although i'm starting to get desperate as the wedding is less than a month away!

Honestly you're better off not buying them. I know a few people who've done this and it all results in the same Facebook status does anyone want 18 pairs of unused flip flops.

Most women come equipped and bring their own flats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Have to agree with above. At this time of year plenty of women will be wearing tights so they wouldn't be able to use flipflops. It's definitely something I wouldn't be stressing over.

I did do them but I was getting married in the summer and knew people would have bare legs. I also only bought 30 pairs and we had 190 guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ballymagirl

My future other half would love a Tag watch as his wedding present. Money is tight and I've no idea where to start, any help much appreciated?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My future other half would love a Tag watch as his wedding present. Money is tight and I've no idea where to start, any help much appreciated?

I'd tell him to reign in his expectations! If money is tight, the last thing I'd be doing is spending €1000+ on a wedding gift. I don't really understand couples giving each other wedding gifts, but I'd imagine they're usually just tokens? I'd see €50 being a good budget unless you can comfortably afford more.

Dealz had some last month for €1.50 and shoe zone had ones reduced from €4 to €2. I don't know if they would still stock them though this late in the year.

Would you get flipflops on ebay or amazon for €1.50?

Seriously?

If money is tight what about buying him a fake one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

There are bulk flip flops on eBay, but by the time you ship to Ireland they are nearly €3 a pair. Never thought of the tights thing. Something to think about. Thanks for all the advice 😀

Why would anyone bother doing this? I don't get the big who ha about having stuff like this around the place.

People will go to your wedding if they want to go. If they think they will take off their heels then they will either go barefoot or bring their own flats.
    Same as any night out.

anyone seen these around lately? looking for 2 big ones for the back of the bride and groom chairs and maybe about 10 smaller ones as pew ends?

Few sellers on done deal just search "wicker heart". One seller has a price up as €230 euro (or something like that) but if you go into her page, she has all items listed and priced seperately.

Wicker hearts in dealz for €1.49 could be used as pew ends and the ribbon colour changed to suit.

Some good wines reduced in Tesco to €7 and when you buy 6 you get another 5% off so would work out at €6.65 a bottle

So we're not doing cars as we have good cars in the family we can use and I was looking at number plates for them. The personalised wedding ones were €30 for a set of 2. 3 cars (6 number plates) would be €90. So I ordered regular number plates from
    http://www.motorparts.ie/single-part.aspx?PartNumber=NUMBER-PLATE&PrevPage=ACCESSORIES
    And got 6 of them for €41 delivered. I ordered on a Wednesday morning and I had them on Thursday. Very impressed with the company. Just put it in the delivery notes what you want on the number plates. I'll attach a pic of what they look like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There is a sale on http://rosepetals.ie if you are looking for some petals for the occasion

€0.07 each - could be used as wedding favours
    http://www.dealz.ie/jane-asher-treat-bags-20-pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Zascar wrote: »
    There is a sale on http://rosepetals.ie if you are looking for some petals for the occasion

Thanks, just got a box of these. Never even knew they existed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Faith wrote: »
    I'd tell him to reign in his expectations! If money is tight, the last thing I'd be doing is spending €1000+ on a wedding gift. I don't really understand couples giving each other wedding gifts, but I'd imagine they're usually just tokens? I'd see €50 being a good budget unless you can comfortably afford more.

I totally disagree. My mother was wearing the watch my father gave her as a wedding present when she passed away age 89. All the sweet carts, flip flops and assorted "show off" crap will be long forgotten but a gift given in love on your wedding day can last a lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Not sure if this is a glitch or what. And I think you may need to order from instore but... For anyone who's a wedding coming up seems awesome value. Men's pallidium wedding band €295
    Down to €12!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2032148/Trail/searchtext>PALLADIUM+RING.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a glitch or what. And I think you may need to order from instore but... For anyone who's a wedding coming up seems awesome value. Men's pallidium wedding band €295
    Down to €12!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2032148/Trail/searchtext%3EPALLADIUM+RING.htm

Pricing mistake, its €126.99 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Pricing mistake, its €126.99 now.

Yea I think a couple people managed to order it when I posted but price has gone up now.

Large glass jars ideal for candy cart €4.95. Cup left beside jar for an idea of the size. Seen in Michael Guineys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Millem wrote: »

Thanks for this Millem. I just ordered 4 Edge west bracelets for my bridesmaids that will match in with their dress. :)

http://www.johngreedjewellery.com/sale-c323/edge-west-mint-dawn-rhodium-plated-bracelet-p52218/s113349
    This one here. The 4 came to 45euro in total.

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks for this Millem. I just ordered 4 Edge west bracelets for my bridesmaids that will match in with their dress. :)

http://www.johngreedjewellery.com/sale-c323/edge-west-mint-dawn-rhodium-plated-bracelet-p52218/s113349
    This one here. The 4 came to 45euro in total.

Amazing fab colour ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

If anyone is planning a Christmas Wedding for this year Heaton had lots of Christmas items on sale from like €1.99 to €10.99 great selection of stuff

Coast have some stunning dresses in their sale. Free delivery over €100 or free collect in store.

This long bridesmaid dress is fab and in a size 12 €69
    http://www.coast-stores.com/p/lori-ella-maxi-dress/1479895

Similar in a 10 and 18 €79 http://www.coast-stores.com/p/lori-lee-maxi-dress/1509355

And in nude size 12 €95
    http://www.coast-stores.com/p/lori-lee-lace-sparkle/1483865?locale=en

Short white lace dress 6-14 €125 http://www.coast-stores.com/p/shola-lace-dress/1494606?locale=en

They have others in size 6 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hermia

Great shop just opened in Dun Laoghaire, loads of cool little knick knacks and stuff for diy :)

sostrenegrene.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Penneys in blanchardstown centre have flip flops 2 pack for €1.50 at the moment neon pink and black and white print. If anyone sees any pink or grey please post!

Hermia wrote: »
    Great shop just opened in Dun Laoghaire, loads of cool little knick knacks and stuff for diy :)

sostrenegrene.com/

We went out there on Sunday, it's brilliant for vases for flowers or string or the likes.

Sorry I know I will more than likely get shot for this but anyone around Cork looking for a big roll of hessain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

happypants wrote: »
    Penneys in blanchardstown centre have flip flops 2 pack for €1.50 at the moment neon pink and black and white print. If anyone sees any pink or grey please post!

Around this time last year I was able to buy the black and white flip flops, think I bought 30 pairs of them over a few weeks, bought one or two any time I was in town. but I haven't seen any like them this year. Thank God I bought them because I was gonna buy a few last year and a few this year.

• Advertisement

Just seen this on Facebook so I have no idea what sizes they go up to. Flower girl dresses in penny's for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Just seen this on Facebook so I have no idea what sizes they go up to. Flower girl dresses in penny's for €10

They are beautiful, there was one in Waterford a few weeks ago and I was trying to see if they had it in 3-6 months for my niece but they didn't do them that small :( I got a lovely lace and tulle one instead with a cardigan which is almost identical to the flower girl dress I got my daughter on Etsy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 FlowerPower1

Not a bargain as such but Look magazine are doing 25% off all stock at Coast. If you pick up the magazine, there's a code in there. I spotted bridesmaid dresses I liked so this code would come in handy for me.

I forgot this place just got an email from them today and they have coloured sand if anyone is still looking

Baker Ross http://www.bakerross.co.uk/sale/sale-view-all?utm_source=SubscribersList&utm_medium=email&utm_content=160406_APR16clearance_AL&utm_campaign=160406_APR16clearance

• Advertisement

Bought 10 white wooden hangers (nice quality) in home store and more, reduced to €5, added a bow from ribbon I had and they're a nice cheap alternative to the personalised ones.

there's a free invite download on one fab day today, that's a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Bought 10 white wooden hangers (nice quality) in home store and more, reduced to €5, added a bow from ribbon I had and they're a nice cheap alternative to the personalised ones.

Love this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

The guy who did our wedding video is the lowest priced videographer I found and he's giving 50€ off his packages at the moment. Thought I'd pass on the info. He's called DSVP

Anyone doing DIY invites paper cutter/guillotine in lidl reduced to €10

• Advertisement
Advertisement