Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Cambridge Utd v Manchester Utd BBC1 7.30 Friday

• 23-01-2015 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The opening FA Cup fourth-round match, at Abbey Stadium between the respective League Two and Premier League outfits. The hosts are the lowest-ranked club left in the draw. The U's squad contains former United midfielder Luke Chadwick and this is the first meeting between the sides since a two-legged League Cup encounter in 1991, which saw the Red Devils held to a 1-1 draw on this ground.

I'll let the Cambridge Utd supporters guess the starting 11 for the game ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a walkover but unfortunately I can't see anything else, 5-0 Cambridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Does anyone know if Gearoid Morrissey is in the Cambridge United squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I really hope luke Chadwick starts.

Famously described in the utd thread as better than beckham and the reason he didn't play was because he wasn't as good looking as beckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Famously described in the utd thread as better than beckham and the reason he didn't play was because he wasn't as good looking as beckham.

Who pulled out that little nugget?

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Who pulled out that little nugget?

Can't remember. Was back in the summer months where the heat gets to people's heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Another 3-5-2 and another dull frustrating game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Looks like Gaffney picked up a hamstring injury during the week so he won't be in the Cambridge squad. Seeing photos from a few lads in Cambridge on my facebook!

Anyway, hope Man United trounce them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hoping to pull off a shock and take them to replay where hopefully we can sneak it on penalties.

Bar that maybe we can pull off a 0-2 victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No doubt Van Gaal is frantically devising a plan to stiffle the Cambridge attack, probably involving Rooney in midfield and Di Maria as sweeper.

Everybody will accept this because he has a philosophy. Apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

0-10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Kick off is 19:55 tonight just in case anyone is confused from the thread title.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wonder will the coverage feature Dion Dublin as a link between the clubs? I can't think of any other common players, at least in modern times.

5starpool wrote: »
    I wonder will the coverage feature Dion Dublin as a link between the clubs? I can't think of any other common players, at least in modern times.

Luke Chadwick

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Luke Chadwick

And he was mentioned above and all. D'oh. He's still playing though so won't be a panellist presumably.

Who said that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really hope we don't start with 3 centre halfs against this league two team. LVG needs to be brave and get back to 4 at the back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who said that?!

If I remember correctly what was actually said, and I'm paraphrasing " if David Beckham looked like Luke Chadwick he wouldn't get half the plaudits he does etc etc" so not quite the same thing, but I'm open to correction.

It was a guy who has since been relieved of his posting duties on the soccer forum. The Man Utd Superthread is a bonkers place a lot of the time.

adox wrote: »
    If I remember correctly what was actually said, and I'm paraphrasing " if David Beckham looked like Luke Chadwick he wouldn't get half the plaudits he does etc etc" so not quite the same thing, but I'm open to correction.

It was a guy who has since been relieved of his posting duties on the soccer forum. The Man Utd Superthread is a bonkers place a lot of the time.

Yes that's right. Then a big conspiracy of how beckham only played because if his commercial ability.

I couldn't be arsed going back to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Saw Luke Chadwick play live in a Utd youth team against Home Farm in Whitehall.Playing one of his first ever games at the club the same evening at CB was a young gangly John O' Shea.
    Chadwick was lightning fast and was a huge star at underage level with England.

• Such a time for a wedding course, 8-10 :(

Fingers crossed there's wifi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

De Gea, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria, Wilson, Falcao

roo not even in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,584 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Chadwick on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Looks like 4 at the back? Herrera not getting a game here is worrying, might be off in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Cambridge have a big height advantage, we've been troubled by that at times this season

Very strong team announced for the fa cup! Looks like 3 at the back again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,852 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Strong side alright. Surprised Valdes didn't get the nod in goal and that maybe one or two of the reserves didn't make the bench. Should see a few goals hopefully, 4-4-2 ? or 3 at the back with Januazj as a wingback ?

Very strange that blind and Valencia are the full backs when Shaw and Rafael are on the bench!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What does my beloved Ander Herrera have to do to get a game? Scored an absolute worldy in his last game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

hopfully Jones can get through a few games injury free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

On Facebook, the United page had a video up announcing the team from GK to striker. Looks like a back 4 with Carrick sitting in front, Fellaini further up, di Maria and Jan on the wings and Falcao up top with Wilson. Hopefully that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Can this go to extra time or just a replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

MagicIRL wrote: »
    What does my beloved Ander Herrera have to do to get a game? Scored an absolute worldy in his last game.

Fellaini and Carrick for their height from set pieces, Cambridge have a tall team apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The interviewer to Daley Blind: Has Danny Blind (his dad) been a big influence on you?

Daley: Yes

High quality stuff here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Anybody else get enhanced odds for Man United to win both halves on Paddy Power? I got evens, normally 8/15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Di Maria will feel like he is at Real Madrid with the all white of United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

What was going on the dugout before kickoff?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Anybody else get enhanced odds for Man United to win both halves on Paddy Power? I got evens, normally 8/15

Should have got 8:5 earlier today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Should have got 8:5 earlier today

Currently 1/2 on Bet365 so I'm pretty happy with that. Suppose the odds got worse when they announced Falcao and di Maria were starting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does McGeehan play in a Duran Duran tribute band part time or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

not much between them early on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hate that ****ing pink ball.

Currently 1/2 on Bet365 so I'm pretty happy with that. Suppose the odds got worse when they announced Falcao and di Maria were starting

Hopefully comes in I'm on the same ! WTF phil jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blind. d. D. D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Jones still taking corners!!! WTF like

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think I saw that counter attack on the Mighty Ducks movie once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Despicable chanting about the 96 clearly heard just then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Jones taking corners again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I don't care if De Gea is taking corners, get them past first man!

Starting to get a bad feeling bout this

• Advertisement
Advertisement