Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Cambridge Utd v Manchester Utd BBC1 7.30 Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fair play to Cambridge. They really put it up to Man U and can consider themselves a little unlucky not to have even won it. A proper away day cup tie against lower league opposition that for Man U.

Lovely payday as well for them in the replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FT!

I dunno how Utd held out to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,799 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Woeful stuff from United. At this stage if the season LVG looks a downgrade on Moyes. Only difference is he can manage the media better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Great result, congrats to Cambridge. Great for them to get a fixture at OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Congrats Cambridge. See you on the other side

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Well done Cambridge.

United - awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thought theyd get that in to the box there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Well done Cambridge, we are absolute dross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pathetic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This is one of the funniest results ive seen in a long time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

kippy wrote: »
    Woeful stuff from United. At this stage if the season LVG looks a downgrade on Moyes. Only difference is he can manage the media better.

Nawwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Have to say, Utd deserved the draw. Don't hold it against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rooney's wages for one week will pay the entire Cambridge squad for 2 years. What a crazy stat that is that i just completely made up right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

This is Burton Albion all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

And all the ABU's come flooding in, nothing new :)

wow wow wow

Van Gaal certainly not really doing much better than Moyes after spending so much more.

Shocking stuff from Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Absolutely pathetic. Few extra quid for the Glazers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Took a real dislike to McGeehan.

Really stupid hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theyll be destroyed away but its a good pay day.

Sloppy from a strong Utd team though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thought theyd get that in to the box there.

They'll make more money from the next tie than any other they could get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,799 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nawwwww

You disagree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

monkey9 wrote: »
    Fair play to Cambridge. They really put it up to Man U and can consider themselves a little unlucky not to have even won it. A proper away day cup tie against lower league opposition that for Man U.

Lovely payday as well for them in the replay.

Fair play to them but they weren't unlucky to not win. That's a load of bollocks. They barely had a chance, which is natural considering they are 75 places below us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Also, Cambridge have the most middle class looking fans I've ever seen :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wow. Cambridge stand to make £1.5M from the replay, that's absolutely huge for them.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    wow wow wow

Van Gaal certainly not really doing much better than Moyes after spending so much more.

Shocking stuff from Utd

Id say a lot of United fans will now be having doubts about whether or not LVG is the man to take Utd forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Luke Chadwick must be wondering what has happened to the great club he was once a part of. Giggs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No way Cambridge had a chance to win that, if they had scored that chance in the first half I reckon United would have destroyed them. Will be great for Cambridge to get to Old Trafford and the money they make will be as big an amount as they have had in many a year.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Jones and Valencia are shocking. Theyre not even Cambridge standard.

I really don't rate Jones or Smalling. They're not Man U standard at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

End of days situation here, we need help and fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A great man once said if you spend 100 million you should win the league

You obviously need to spend 200 million to win the FA cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Well done to Cambridge. Utd terrible. I think LVGs mind will be made up on a few players tonight. He needs to look at himself too but at the end of the day the Jones' Fellainis Carricks and Valencias have to be strongly criticised for how they have let their standards slip. I dont think these players are working hard enough.

Id say a lot of United fans will now be having doubts about whether or not LVG is the man to take Utd forward.

They already are
    A great man once said if you spend 100 million you should win the league

You obviously need to spend 200 million to win the FA cup

:D

Fair play to them but they weren't unlucky to not win. That's a load of bollocks. They barely had a chance, which is natural considering they are 75 places below us.

Unlucky with a couple of chances in the first half in fairness.

Rob Thomas wrote: »
    Well done to Cambridge. Utd terrible. I think LVGs mind will be made up on a few players tonight. He needs to look at himself too but at the end of the day the Jones' Fellainis Carricks and Valencias have to be strongly criticised for how they have let their standards slip. I dont think these players are working hard enough.

I'd imagine so if it hasn't already

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They already are

I'm definitely one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

He never was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

United players should be proud, not many people get schooled in Cambridge. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can you blame Van Gal tonight. No matter who is in charge they should be winning tonight. Its too easy to blame the manager all the time. The players need to stand up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

United players should be proud, not many people get schooled in Cambridge. :D

Valencia and jones and Fellini can stay behind for extra tuition because they are Absoloute thicks.

• Advertisement

This game was handed to Cambridge with the central mid partnership in the first half. Gave them a foothold instead of constant United possession. We should have been able to control the ball from the off but there was a void in front of their back 4 all night. Even when Herrara came on he ended up more or less right flank. Nothing short of a disgrace. Another rubbish performance. Against a mid table league 2 side. Van Gaal out.

kstand wrote: »
    This game was handed to Cambridge with the central mid partnership in the first half. Gave them a foothold instead of constant United possession. We should have been able to control the ball from the off but there was a void in front of their back 4 all night. Even when Herrara came on he ended up more or less right flank. Nothing short of a disgrace. Another rubbish performance. Against a mid table league 2 side. Van Gaal out.

Van gaal out??

Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

where does it go from here, is it down to the lake i fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23cCB1dR4o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

What can you say about that? It was dire. Van Gaal seems to have drilled our boys into not taking risks and not attempting through balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well done Cambridge. The 11 that started for United should be handing over at least half their weekly wage packets to the Cambridge boys after that. It's a case of one team deserving a big bonus for their performance and the other team not even deserving of their huge wage packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Felt sorry for Carrick. He seemed the only outlet and I was hoping that Van Gaal would bring on Shaw to move Blind in beside him.

Van gaal out??

Ffs

The first 4 letters of your name are suitable. How long before they say that you can open your eyes?

kstand wrote: »
    The first 4 letters of your name are suitable. How long before they say that you can open your eyes?

Or I'm not as short sighted and not going to call for a manager to be sacked in January of his first season.

What about gowl?

Or I'm not as short sighted and not going to call for a manager to be sacked in January of his first season.

What about gowl?

Not that short sighted? Just where exactly are things going under van gaal? In my time following United - and I spent the last 3 hours in the company of one of the very well known hard core - I can't remember a club as big as we are now financially etc being so devoid of ideas, penetration, belief and creative. This is Manchester United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

oh, and for what it's worth, Rooney wouldn't have made a Blind bit of difference to the result

Advertisement