Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence Address Change

• 23-01-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I passed my test in November 2013 and recently noticed that my address was wrong on my licence, originally issued in Jan 2014. I went to the NDLS to get a replacement with the correct address, now my new licence states Jan 2015 as the issue date. Does this mean I now have to display N plates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

There's issue date by each category.

Have a look what does it say as issue date by category B...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there a pass date on it too?

i know on the old style it has an issue date and also the pass date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Is there a pass date on it too?

i know on the old style it has an issue date and also the pass date.

On the front there is an issue date of driving licence (document).
    On the rear, there is a list of categories, and by each category, there is a date when you were issued that category. It's not the date when you passed a test, but date around time you first applied for licence in that category...

Example.

John passed his car test in August 1993 (category B). He applied for licence straight away then.
    Later in January 2007 he passed truck test (category C), but he applied for C licence 1.5 year later in July 2008.

His driving licence (document) expired in August 2013, so he renewed it then.
    Now - on front of his licence there is issue date of August 2013 (as this is when this document was issued).
    On the rear where all categories are listed, issue date of category B is August 1993, and issue date of category C is July 2008.

Hope that explains it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

OP, as CiniO has eloquently explained, it's the issue date for the driving category which is relevant to the N plate, not the issue date of the plastic card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Thanks for the replies, it's clear now. The dates on the back are of Dec 2013, so all is good

• Advertisement
Advertisement