Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House purchaser's constant delays

Options
  • 23-01-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello all,
    We are having a very frustrating time with the person purchasing our house.

There always seems to be massive delays, whether in replying to us and when they do, they have some excuse why there will be a further delay and also with more minor questions.

At different times, the purchaser has blamed the bank and/or the solicitor.

Should we threaten to pull out? They haven't signed the contract yet, just paid a booking deposit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What kind of timescales are you talking about?

Are you in a chain situation where they are selling as well?

From my own experience Solicitors can be a major bottleneck when trying to get the transaction finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

gandalf wrote: »
    What kind of timescales are you talking about?

Are you in a chain situation where they are selling as well?

From my own experience Solicitors can be a major bottleneck when trying to get the transaction finalised.

Sometimes it can be solicitors who cause delays but often with good cause. Many people see buying and selling houses as simple transactions, i.e. "You give me money, I give you the keys to the house". Unfortunately it isn't as simple as that and often even if both the buyer and seller are keen and willing it can still take 6 to 8 weeks to complete a sale once the price is agreed.

Banks can also cause serious delays, sometimes with little or no explanation, getting final mortgage approval can often be difficult and contracts can usually not be singed until the final offer is received. Draw down can be just as difficult and can frequently causes delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Has the buyer actually got mortgage approval?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Has the buyer actually got mortgage approval?

Thats what I was wondering too........

OP- if its in an area with any level of inherent demand- pullout- life is too short to put up with this sort of crap.

Advertisement