Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Grad Visa advice needed

Options
  • 23-01-2015 4:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭

Can someone please please give me advice on the IIIC boston- i have paid my deposit with them but now i am having second thoughts and im thinking of opting for the dreaded but familiar U SIT instead as i have heard they are less strict with your job that you find - My worries stem from the fact that realistically it will be hard to find a full time paid job in my field "art" cvan anybody tell me how strict they are with the mininum 32 hours etc and if it is a safer option to go with usit becuase they give less hassle when you are actually over there -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grayce23

Hey hun I'm in the same boat, kind of, applying for the Visa now! I'd honestly say stick with the IIIC if you've paid your deposit! I'm sure they'll be helpful enough when you're there! You could see if any musems or anything will be looking for interns or entry level people! And try adapt your degree to other areas! Like they allow you to work in resturants if there's an aspect of your degree to be trained in! And with Art you could always look at the presentation or design aspect maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭swatki

Grayce23 wrote: »
    Hey hun I'm in the same boat, kind of, applying for the Visa now! I'd honestly say stick with the IIIC if you've paid your deposit! I'm sure they'll be helpful enough when you're there! You could see if any musems or anything will be looking for interns or entry level people! And try adapt your degree to other areas! Like they allow you to work in resturants if there's an aspect of your degree to be trained in! And with Art you could always look at the presentation or design aspect maybe?

yeah i think i am going to stick with the ii people - but thinking of putting in on hold now for a few months i have until november ,. which company will you go with yourself and what field are you in?

Advertisement