Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC bank

Options
  • 23-01-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

See the builders are moved in today hopefully they will open soon..

Jobs are advertised on there website if anyone is interested...

Anyone on here banking with them or what are they like to deal with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

linny wrote: »
    See the builders are moved in today hopefully they will open soon..

Jobs are advertised on there website if anyone is interested...

Anyone on here banking with them or what are they like to deal with?

They seem to be very online and mobile banking orientated. The inside of the bank is very different to your ordinary bank. They do not deal with cash in their branches as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Are they more of a business bank or domestic customers as well?

I'm guessing they are just setting up in the main regional cities as they've been only Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick to date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If they will let me lodge cheques on Saturdays and the like then I'd certainly consider moving to them from Ulster,
    I moved to Ulster specifically for handy Saturday opening and then the feckers started closing the Kilkenny branch on Saturdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

road_high wrote: »
    Are they more of a business bank or domestic customers as well?

I'm guessing they are just setting up in the main regional cities as they've been only Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick to date.

Opening in Waterford Navan and Wexford very soon plus a few more places this year. Looks like Waterford manager will cover KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

thelad95 wrote: »
    They seem to be very online and mobile banking orientated. The inside of the bank is very different to your ordinary bank. They do not deal with cash in their branches as far as I know.

Sorry, have you a link to the jobs section please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

is kbc bank opened yet

Potential point of controvers. KBC branches tend to have distinct exteriors with loud blue and white colours like this site. Doesn't really fit in with that part of town does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Noticed their boarding outside for the first time yesterday, very loud and not in keeping with the surroundings.

I was hoping the Council learned their lesson after putting Paddy Power on the Parade. This development doesn't seem promising thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

there's new planning gone in for the shop front of the bank so now is the time for objections not when it up. for anyone that's interested

I don't think there's much that can be done to be honest. If the council begins to protest aabout the shop exterior, KBC could easily just up and leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

They had a promotional trailer in DunnesStores car park at the weekend, so it can't be too long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

thelad95 wrote: »
    I don't think there's much that can be done to be honest. If the council begins to protest aabout the shop exterior, KBC could easily just up and leave.
    So what if they up and leave, they wouldn't be here if there wasn't money to be made and another bank will take that profit if KBC have a twisty fit about being told not to look like a £shop in some dilapidated seaside town.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The facade of the building is ugly enough as it is, but tacky blue and white signage is only going to make it a lot more noticeable.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

The new facade is to be a glass and chrome style according to the planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

kikel wrote: »
    The new facade is to be a glass and chrome style according to the planning.

That'll fit in with the city planners nicely so:eek:
    All you have to do is look at the Butterslip and the new bridges.:mad:

Advertisement