Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why are women impossible to turn to

• 23-01-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭

You get too scared to leave bed in the morning. You end up partial suspension hanging and your body thrashes out of the position. But you can't tell your girlfriend because women need constant entertainment and fun. You can't drag a girl down, there's too many fun people out there who would only love to have her. You can be there for her through everything but you can never tell any woman you're a schizophrenic on the brink.

Never ever tell a woman anything that doesn't make her laugh or smile. She'll just go and fins someone who makes her feel that way.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Someone had a bad day with the GF.

If a woman truly knows you and cares for you, none of the above should matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What?

If a man/woman runs from you for someone more 'fun' after you opening up your feeling box them to, they most certainly are gowls.

Self centred gowls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Nice sweeping brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Post this in the Ladies Lounge.
    They'll love this.

Hold on as I get the popcorn ready!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Is it time for an 'All women are the same" thread again?

You seem upset about something. You should get help with it rather than blaming it on women everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

No lads none of the bad day stuff. We had a great day yesterday and are fine. I am just frustrated by this fact that any weakness will drive a girl away when I have about a thousand of them, most of them pathological, that I can never mention without suddenly being just friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Finger her butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Op you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I hear their periods attract bears

jazz101 wrote: »
    No lads none of the bad day stuff. We had a great day yesterday and are fine. I am just frustrated by this fact that any weakness will drive a girl away when I have about a thousand of them, most of them pathological, that I can never mention without suddenly being just friends.

Is one of your problems you being gay?

Tht would maybe explain the friendzone?

• Advertisement

Oooooor you could just find yourself a half decent girlfriend who doesn't leg it at the first sign of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And the recent spate of b****x threads continues
    Go post in relationship advice or something

Is one of your problems you being gay?

Tht would maybe explain the friendzone?

I'm going out with her. All the same tho. A thousand lads waiting to play the role of being worth something to a girl until they crack up, she gets tired and finds someone else to play the perfect man role.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I hear their periods attract bears
    They are dangerous alright and I am not talking about the cuddly bears ! ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Finger her butt.

Works everytime

blinding wrote: »
    They are dangerous alright and I am not talking about the cuddly bears ! ! !

Hoho! Now isn't that a superb post. Not the cuddly type, the vicious animal type! Careful out there! Haha!

Fecks sake is this what the internet turned out to be.

I'm going out with her. All the same tho. A thousand lads waiting to play the role of being worth something to a girl until they crack up, she gets tired and finds someone else to play the perfect man role.

Maybe she isn't the girl for you if you can't talk to her.

/sensible advice.

Jam it in her butt tonight and put chili on the condom should open her up and make her feel vulnerable.

/also sensible advice

Maybe she isn't the girl for you if you can't talk to her.

/sensible advice.

Jam it in her butt tonight and put chili on the condom should open her up and make her feel vulnerable.

/also sensible advice

Nah. No girl wants the schizophrenic/mdd/SAD/GAD baggage. Send any sane woman running. Why wouldn't they when theres plenty normal lads waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Any woman who is like this is a self centred muppet and should be kept at arms length.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Mah if she runs she runs. No point pretending to be someone else, screw they dude.
    Just be cool, women like that. A rebel without a cause etc. Buy a motorbike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nah. No girl wants the schizophrenic/mdd/SAD/GAD baggage. Send any sane woman running. Why wouldn't they when theres plenty normal lads waiting.

No such thing as normal.

Stop beating yourself up and go and chat to her. If she dosent understand then she isn't sound, and in fact, a dreaded gowl. Then leave her off to be gowl.

Every one has their demons op, girls and boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Just take a yoke no sorry I mean Ginseng....
    And then you can annoy her de fcuk out of your life:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Nonsense. When a woman loves you, she'll mind you. That's what they do, it's primitive, base-of-the brain stuff. To the death.

Finger her butt.

Ah! Shock-treatment - excellent! :)

She knows what I have. I just can't tell her when it gets bad which is everyday. Everyday hearing the hallucinations suicide spiel. It'd wear anyone out.

She knows what I have. I just can't tell her when it gets bad which is everyday. Everyday hearing the hallucinations suicide spiel. It'd wear anyone out.

I know couple of people with that, it's a desparate dose. Are you getting the proper help?

Hoho! Now isn't that a superb post. Not the cuddly type, the vicious animal type! Careful out there! Haha!

Fecks sake is this what the internet turned out to be.
    Jeez did I break the internet or something ! ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I'd have them quarantined if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Are you sure it's not just you that's assuming they think that way?

You may be acting awkward trying to hide things from her which is more off putting than the truth. As long as you don't break into her house, wake her in the middle of the night wearing a mask to tell her you have some mental issues you should be fine or alternatively better off without her. There's only so long you can hide the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I always found women to be the opposite of that. Opening up about some problem is like dousing yourself in pheromones (so long as your the victim- im recovering from a terrible illness - good, i feel the need to stab people - bad).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

You get too scared to leave bed in the morning. You end up partial suspension hanging and your body thrashes out of the position. But you can't tell your girlfriend because women need constant entertainment and fun. You can't drag a girl down, there's too many fun people out there who would only love to have her. You can be there for her through everything but you can never tell any woman you're a ūschizophrenic on the brink.

Never ever tell a woman anything that doesn't make her laugh or smile. She'll just go and fins someone who makes her feel that way.

Jazz don't come here looking for sympathy try in to drag me down. Anyone would think your a man on the verge of schizophrenia.

I'm off now to find another thread that makes me laugh and smile. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dude if that's the vibe you are getting from your lady then I'd be kicking her to the curb.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

ScumLord wrote: »
    ...As long as you don't break into her house, wake her in the middle of the night wearing a mask to tell her you have some mental issues you should be fine....

That's paranoid schizophrenia, the fun one. The Jason Voorhees hockey-masks-and-chainsaws one. Most poor bastards have the I-haven't-slept-for-six-weeks-and-I'm-desperately-afraid one. Not so fun.

Does society in general have much empathy for mens problems ? ? ?

I personally don't think so.

There is apparently only so much empathy around and there doesn't seem much left for mens problems.

Seriously ask a man with a partner and a few kids and some pets (cat and dog for example) where he comes in the importance of being emotionally comforted and I believe that if many men were to answer truthfully they would say that its after the pets.

Now some men are most of the time happy with this (Life has its priorities and thats the way it is) but maybe it just doesn't work for all men.

Only my opinion and I am entitled to it ! ! !

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    Does society in general have much empathy for mens problems ? ? ?

I personally don't think so.

There is apparently only so much empathy around and there doesn't seem much left for mens problems.

Seriously ask a man with a partner and a few kids and some pets (cat and dog for example) where he comes in the importance of being emotionally comforted and I believe that if many men were to answer truthfully they would say that its after the pets.

Now some men are most of the time happy with this (Life has its priorities and thats the way it is) but maybe it just doesn't work for all men.

Only my opinion and I am entitled to it ! ! !

It's not "men's problems", it's a horrible bastard medical condition that can affect anyone. People can fcuk off with "empathy" as far as I'm concerned. As for children, a Man may be aware of several oddly short people who live in his house. Dogs and cats are lesser pack members who occasionally cost money. I do not consider myself lower down the social order than a "person" who has to ask me to open the door so they can go out in the yard to sh1t. ;)

On to her now and its going well.

jimgoose wrote: »
    It's not "men's problems", it's a horrible bastard medical condition that can affect anyone. People can fcuk off with "empathy" as far as I'm concerned. As for children, a Man may be aware of several oddly short people who live in his house. Dogs and cats are lesser pack members who occasionally cost money. I do not consider myself lower down the social order than a "person" who has to ask me to open the door so they can go out in the yard to sh1t. ;)
    You may be lower than the cat though as he has his toiletry needs met indoors if it is an indoor cat;)

Of course people of all shapes and sizes can have a horrible bastard medical condition.

I am trying to make the point that society as a whole does not seen to be able to help men with horrible bastard medical conditions.

Thats not a great revelation to anyone but we do not seem to be making much improvement with our situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

From personal experience OP, it is tough both sides of that street. It is horrible for the person going through the episode, especially as the treatment is dose 'em up barbarity that does not even approach the psycho-spiritual journey that the person is having, and it is tough for the lover who cares for that one, as it is confusing, shocking, exhausting, worrying, depleting and takes every ounce of one's love and strength to drag the beloved back from the edge of oblivion.

Have mercy on her too, as she faces into a void of uncertainty as your comrade, just as you do.

Don't be afraid to be a vulnerable human being, and to recognise her vulnerable humanity too. No more self pity.

All the very best to you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 USD Inflation Swap

I find if the hotter a woman is the more they are turned off by excessive vulnerability so if you confide too much about how intimated you are during certain events or in certain scenarios it can turn her off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Give them yokes, then they'll open up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Hiya OP,

I think you need more professional help and I don't think AH can provide that.

And for the record, no way should an illness, mental or otherwise, prevent you from having a great life with a supportive partner :)

Wishing you all the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement