Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will One Way Flight Be Ok?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all i booked my flight to toronto yesterday for may 4th one way because it was 160 euro, will i be ok for gaining entry as you cant get a 2 year return flight ill have 3000 euro going over my friend said i have to have a return flight but im also hearing once you prove you have the funds to pay for flight home your ok, has anyone else entered on a one way flight cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Hi all i booked my flight to toronto yesterday for may 4th one way because it was 160 euro, will i be ok for gaining entry as you cant get a 2 year return flight ill have 3000 euro going over my friend said i have to have a return flight but im also hearing once you prove you have the funds to pay for flight home your ok, has anyone else entered on a one way flight cheers.

I've entered twice on IEC visas using a one-way flight (once at Toronto Pearson and once at St. John's) and there's no problem as long as you have your health insurance and proof of funds. You might be asked for your address, in which case a hostel or friend's address should be fine. They might also ask what you intend to do in Canada, as long as you have some kind of general plan e.g. "I intend to work in construction" you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Against wrote: »
    I've entered twice on IEC visas using a one-way flight (once at Toronto Pearson and once at St. John's) and there's no problem as long as you have your health insurance and proof of funds. You might be asked for your address, in which case a hostel or friend's address should be fine. They might also ask what you intend to do in Canada, as long as you have some kind of general plan e.g. "I intend to work in construction" you're fine.

thanks very much was wondering cos wouldnt be right if you cant get a 2 year return flight

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Hi just wondering where you got the flight so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

darrenking wrote: »
    Hi just wondering where you got the flight so cheap?

WestJet

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Yup westjet on skyscanner one stop in st johns delighted got it so cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement