Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21 cent still on bill? Please correct.

Options
  • 23-01-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm hoping one of the eircom reps on here can sort this out for me.

I paid my latest bill in full in the post office as I always do a couple of days ago.  I just went online to the eircom site to make sure the account details had been updated and the payment was showing as having gone through but it's saying there is still 21 cent left outstanding.  This can't be correct as I paid the full amount.  I checked the receipt stapled to the bill and, sure enough, it's showing the amount from the previous bill instead of the latest one.

It seems that the person in the post office made some sort of a mistake and put in the previous bill amount instead of the latest one when putting the payment through or making up the receipt or whatever.  The previous bill was €112.54, the latest one was €112.75, which would account for the 21 cent difference that's still showing up as outstanding.  However, the full €112.75 was paid in.  Could you please correct this error for me and update the details on my account to show that the full amount was paid and there is nothing left outstanding?  I don't want to have my service disconnected or anything like for the sake of a lousy 21 cent difference that wasn't even my mistake to begin with!  Thanks in advance for your help, if you need my phone number or account details or the details from the post office receipt or anything like that, please let me know and I'll PM them to you as quickly as possible.  Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there, I'm hoping one of the eircom reps on here can sort this out for me.

I paid my latest bill in full in the post office as I always do a couple of days ago.  I just went online to the eircom site to make sure the account details had been updated and the payment was showing as having gone through but it's saying there is still 21 cent left outstanding.  This can't be correct as I paid the full amount.  I checked the receipt stapled to the bill and, sure enough, it's showing the amount from the previous bill instead of the latest one.

It seems that the person in the post office made some sort of a mistake and put in the previous bill amount instead of the latest one when putting the payment through or making up the receipt or whatever.  The previous bill was €112.54, the latest one was €112.75, which would account for the 21 cent difference that's still showing up as outstanding.  However, the full €112.75 was paid in.  Could you please correct this error for me and update the details on my account to show that the full amount was paid and there is nothing left outstanding?  I don't want to have my service disconnected or anything like for the sake of a lousy 21 cent difference that wasn't even my mistake to begin with!  Thanks in advance for your help, if you need my phone number or account details or the details from the post office receipt or anything like that, please let me know and I'll PM them to you as quickly as possible.  Thanks.
    Hi aidan_dunne

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look after this for you today.

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Hi Alan,

Just to let you know, I've PM'd you those details.  Thanks for looking after this for me.

Hi Alan,

Just to let you know, I've PM'd you those details.  Thanks for looking after this for me.
    You're welcome aidan_dunne

I've cleared that amount now

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for taking care of that for me, Alan.  It's still showing on the eircom website as 21 cent outstanding but I know it can normally take a couple of days for billing details to be processed through so I'm not surprised by that, I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days anyway just to make sure it eventually does update and shows as being cleared.

Thanks once again for your help and prompt response.

Regards,

Aidan.

You're welcome aidan_dunne

It won't show up until the next bill.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Okay Alan, that's grand, thanks for letting me know about that.

Regards,

Aidan.

Okay Alan, that's grand, thanks for letting me know about that.

Regards,

Aidan.
    You're more than welcome aidan_dunne

Cheers

Al

Advertisement