Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Bolton Heskey FC - 5:30pm FA Cup 4th Round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We are simply lacking bite up front, figuratively and literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Come on Bolton!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Just don't lose. If it goes to a replay have the full team out.
    Gerard has to start the next day if fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lame.

Christ he's a bloody awful ref.

Fair play Bolton.

Deserved after some heroic defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The quadruple is still on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nice one Bolton :)
    Deserved the draw through sheer resilience and hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thats pants, brendan shouldve used that fourth sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Reply just what is not needed, but may give Sturidge an extra game to get match fit

• Advertisement

Good result for, hung on but had our own chances, wasn't all one way. Vela impressed, and Bogdan was excellent. Fancy our chances in the Reebok now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Fixture pile up for Liverpool now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fair play Bolton.

Deserved after some heroic defending

Yeah you have to give it to them they did play well defensively. It's kind of annoying seeing mills play the full 90 I think he should have saw red for a second yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ref didn't do us any favours but we shouldn't have needed any. Bolton are a poor team.

Junior D wrote: »
    Good result for, hung on but had our own chances, wasn't all one way. Vela impressed, and Bogdan was excellent. Fancy our chances in the Reebok now!

Pity you will not have the same ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thats a terrible result at home ffs an extra game we just dont need:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

At least Bolton didn't score an away goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Funnily enough, I think we'll find it easier at the Reebok and should win it.

Fair play to Bolton though. Well set up, very solid at the back and Bogdan was superb. I remember him being quality when they were in the Premier League.

Yeah you have to give it to them they did play well defensively. It's kind of annoying seeing mills play the full 90 I think he should have saw red for a second yellow.

He did not play the full game his replacement spearing should have conceded a pen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

When will the reply be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

monkey9 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I think we'll find it easier at the Reebok and should win it.

why?

• Advertisement

He did not play the full game his replacement spearing should have conceded a pen

Mills should have saw red for the foul on markovic. It was a blatant foul that he got away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not too bad given some of the results and performances seen against lower league teams so far this weekend. Would have been through with some competent reffing. :)

When will the reply be?

Most likely between the West Ham and Everton games

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not too bad given some of the results and performances seen against lower league teams so far this weekend. Would have been through with some competent reffing.

Honestly I have said it for a long time Kevin friend has got to be the worst ref in England. You never see him get a big game and that tells you all you need to know.
    Two big decisions put his way tonignt and he just said no foul / play on.

Pity you will not have the same ref

Get over it. Bolton were lucky with Mills not getting sent off and the penalty shout was 50/50. Liverpool had chances, yet struggled to break down a "poor" championship team. Liverpool should've been able to win without those calls mentioned and if they are going to resort to blaming the ref after that game, it's pretty pathetic I think

Honestly I have said it for a long time Kevin friend has got to be the worst ref in England. You never see him get a big game and that tells you all you need to know.
    Two big decisions put his way tonignt and he just said no foul / play on.

I still remember the game V Fulham Dempsey headbutts Liverpool player in front of him and he does nothing only for Dempsey to score the winner

Get over it. Bolton were lucky with Mills not getting sent off and the penalty shout was 50/50. Liverpool had chances, yet struggled to break down a "poor" championship team. Liverpool should've been able to win without those calls mentioned and if they are going to resort to blaming the ref after that game, it's pretty pathetic I think

I'm sorry but the ref was pathetic,you can't honestly say he wasn't at all.At the end of the day people will discuss a ref if he has been bad because he didn't do his job correctly. It's a big talking point in football when you don't get the big decisions made correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No team is too good for penalty decisions, no matter who the opposition are, they change games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

Should be through to next round. Only for Edd Sheeran in goals..

Trilla wrote: »
    why?

Ah no particular reason. I'm sure Bolton will still make it hard and be defensively solid again, but I just think we'll win it by a couple of goals.

• Advertisement

The ref wasn't pathetic. He made a bad decision in letting Mills stay on the pitch. In general he was fine. I know that decision was a big one in terms of how the game could've panned out, but the ref wasn't the reason that game ended in a draw or that Liverpool lack any cutting edge up front

No team is too good for penalty decisions, no matter who the opposition are, they change games.

I agree with your comment, but I disagree that it was a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Deserved for Bolton for the sheer effort.

However, we should've been playing 10 men for 40 minutes, had a penalty, and if we had a competent striker on the field we'd have won comfortably.

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Jason McAteer mentioned Sky while working for BT Sport! Very awkward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I agree with your comment, but I disagree that it was a penalty

Should've said penalty/red card decision, also massive game changers.

I like Lennon. Speaks sense

No point moaning about referee decisions when you cant finish tons of chances.

The ref wasn't pathetic. He made a bad decision in letting Mills stay on the pitch. In general he was fine. I know that decision was a big one in terms of how the game could've panned out, but the ref wasn't the reason that game ended in a draw or that Liverpool lack any cutting edge up front

Completely agree. The Bolton lad should have been sent off, but we can't be relying on that to happen. I thought Bolton were defensively superb, we didn't take our chances (mostly due to Bogdan) so Bolton deserve the replay.

No point moaning about referee decisions when you cant finish tons of chances.

Ref makes the correct call and Bolton go down to 10 more space opens up in their 8 man defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I like Lennon. Speaks sense

Sounds like Nadine Coyle, can't listen to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its all the Refs fault Ted!

Sounds like Nadine Coyle, can't listen to him

If you can't tell the difference from a Lurgsn and Derry accent no one can help you ;)

Ref makes the correct call and Bolton go down to 10 more space opens up in their 8 man defence

Then Liverpool pour forward leaving gaps to Bolton to exploit on the counter-attack and create possibly more chances similar to the ones previous in the game.....

Its a poor argument that if Mills was to be sent off, Liverpool would've won the game. Who is to say it wouldn't have galvanised Bolton and they would've taken one of the chances they had and won the game?? See where I'm going with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We havent conceded a goal from play in 4 games:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Great result and performance, Lennon has put some great work in there.

Well capable of taking Pool at home

• Advertisement

Fcuk that. We had enough chances and possession after that to score.

We got what we deserved

Then Liverpool pour forward leaving gaps to Bolton to exploit on the counter-attack and create possibly more chances similar to the ones previous in the game.....

Its a poor argument that if Mills was to be sent off, Liverpool would've won the game. Who is to say it wouldn't have galvanised Bolton and they would've taken one of the chances they had and won the game?? See where I'm going with this?

Just said more space would have opened up, never said they would have won

Just said more space would have opened up, never said they would have won

Fair enough, you didn't. But I'd like to ask why did you bring up that point about the possibility of more space opening up after a sending off if it wasn't going to lead to a possible Liverpool win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Its all the Refs fault Ted!

Nope.

We couldn't finish, so it was our fault we didn't won, but the ref also missed/bottled stuff.

It happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

History will say if an inferior team goes down to ten men there is less chance of them not losing. Of course it wouid have made a difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement