Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Bolton Heskey FC - 5:30pm FA Cup 4th Round

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

niallo27 wrote: »
    History will say if an inferior team goes down to ten men there is less chance of them not losing. Of course it wouid have made a difference.

I never said it wouldn't have made any difference, but what I am saying is that if Mills was sent off it doesn't mean that we'd have a definite result. With Liverpool's poor finishing there was a decent chance the result would've been the same against 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Junior D wrote: »
    I agree with your comment, but I disagree that it was a penalty

Re the penalty the ref gave a free against Lallana when he cut across a Bolton player. Very similar fashion to the penalty incident. No consistency from the ref. For me it should have been a pen. But, thems the breaks.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Re the penalty the ref gave a free against Lallana when he cut across a Bolton player. Very similar fashion to the penalty incident. No consistency from the ref. For me it should have been a pen. But, thems the breaks.

I said earlier on in the thread that the penalty shout was 50/50. I personally didn't think it was a penalty, but I could see the reasoning if it was given. But we that all the time regarding similar incidents outside the box given as frees. I think its a mental thing where referees will only give a penalty if they are confident it is one. Further out the field, its not as likely to be a game-changer so they have less pressure and are quicker to blow the whistle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Junior D wrote: »
    I said earlier on in the thread that the penalty shout was 50/50. I personally didn't think it was a penalty, but I could see the reasoning if it was given. But we that all the time regarding similar incidents outside the box given as frees. I think its a mental thing where referees will only give a penalty if they are confident it is one. Further out the field, its not as likely to be a game-changer so they have less pressure and are quicker to blow the whistle

You also said if it was in the other box you would be shouting for the pen to be given

You also said if it was in the other box you would be shouting for the pen to be given

Ha of course I would! When you're supporting Bolton and looking to beat Liverpool, you'll shout for everything you can! Still doesn't mean I'd agree it was a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

antodeco wrote: »
    Can't wait for this match. As a Bolton supporter, it's good to be able to watch them on TV!

You must be loving that it ended in a draw so. Probably wishing the replay goes to extra time and sudden death penalties.

Advertisement