Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time on bill pay - recommendations.

Options
  • 23-01-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I am finally in a position to be on bill pay, after years of crap phones and top-up credit being wasted I am looking forward to having a good quality phone.

Does anyone have any network recommendations, or ones to avoid?

I'm looking at the Xperia Z3, Samsung s5, iPhone 5S.. any input, or other phones I should consider?

I would be a heavy app and camera user, using a lot of memory. Don't ever play games though.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

PLL wrote: »
    I am finally in a position to be on bill pay, after years of crap phones and top-up credit being wasted I am looking forward to having a good quality phone.

Does anyone have any network recommendations, or ones to avoid?

I'm looking at the Xperia Z3, Samsung s5, iPhone 5S.. any input, or other phones I should consider?

I would be a heavy app and camera user, using a lot of memory. Don't ever play games though.

Thanks.

I can vouch for the Samsung s4 and galaxy note 3. Both have great cameras and software. The s5 is along similar lines so should be good.

Have you considered buying something like an S4 sim free? Emobile were doing a sim only plan, unlimited calls, texts and data for €32/pm.

I found it excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

For what its worth
    After 20 years on bill pay, I have been on PAYG for 3 years now and never felt so liberated!!

Once you lock into a 12/18/24 month contract, you wont get the benefit of any contract improvements by your carrier.
    For example, suppose you sign up for 1Mb/month Data allowance and after the cooling off period they then offer 2 for the same contract terms you are .......ed.

Unless u don't have the mula, I would by my phone outright, sim free and unlocked and then do as you please.
    At the moment I am with 3 because of the unlimited data for 20 quid a month. I use the texting option for top up and its grand.
    Just an alternative:)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement