Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Anti-Water Tax Protest, 11am, 31 January - at Harbour

Options
  • 23-01-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just saw this on Facebook. We should attend and keep up the pressure. This government have already backed down so the protest is working. The "water credit" of €100 per household is one of the most ridiculous "concessions" ever conceived. Throw €100 to everyone, in response to pressure and, hope they will comply. It costs more now to pay out the €100 and implement the water tax than the revenue generated!

Fine Gael / Labour introduced €500,000,000 in tax cuts in the 2015 budget mostly to those on €70k income and over. Theses tax cuts are funded by debt and, your water tax is funding the payment of the debt. I cannot continue to pay debts which are not mine. I was not at the party, I am not paying for the drink.

See you all on 31st Jan!

https://www.facebook.com/Right2WaterGreystones

Advertisement