Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a new car deposit back

• 23-01-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Three months and still waiting for my new car, nothing special just a Kia. If no sign of it this week I'm going to demand my deposit back.

Don't know if Kia Ireland or the local Kia dealer are to blame, or both, but pretty piss*d off at this stage. Never had this kind of problem with Toyota.

Can they refuse to return it?
    Could I use the small claims process to get it back if they act the B*llox?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I doubt it. They have no car for you, but they may say it's been ordered. You can at least threaten to cancel the order and see what the reaction is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Don't know for sure if the can refuse but I'm certain that if they did then if you got your solicitor to send a letter threatening court action you'd get it fairly handy, 3 months is a bit excessive to be waiting

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How long did they tell you it would take to deliver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On the plus side your 142 is now a 151.

You need to get on to them and see what their reason for delay is and when they expect you to have it. I would push for either a full cancellation with refund or see if you can come to an arrangement where they give you a demo car while you wait. Is there a deal done with your current car that they have agreed to take off you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Thanks for all the feedback.

Deposit was paid in November and car was supposed to be in before Christmas and could be collected first week in new year if I wanted to have 151 reg.
    Found out later from Kia that dealer only put in order on 23rd Dec. Was initially told by dealer they couldn't tell me where ordered car is, then eventually after multiple emails and phone calls they told me the end of this month which is next Sat, but no response since. If no car by then, I'm looking for deposit back as I've waited long enough.
    No arrangement with my current car.

The cost of solicitors letters can be expensive so wondering about small claims court if I have to fight to get deposit back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I did see some Sportage's on transporters, this evening on the M50. Heading from the port to the compound, so there was probably a good few on the boat that docked yesterday.

Next week would be feasible if it's on that boat, as long as Kia haven't hit their target for Jan registrations and want to hold it for Feb.

R.O.R wrote: »
    I did see some Sportage's on transporters, this evening on the M50. Heading from the port to the compound, so there was probably a good few on the boat that docked yesterday.

Next week would be feasible if it's on that boat, as long as Kia haven't hit their target for Jan registrations and want to hold it for Feb.

Any black ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

kevin65 wrote: »
    Any black ones?

Too dark to see colours I'm afraid.

Sure I'll crash one of these days staring at the transporters on the other side Of the M50, trying to figure out if there's something on that truck that I'm waiting on.

Thanks for letting me know about the deliveries anyway.

Advertisement