Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STONEYFORD 10K CHALLENGE 2015

Options
  • 23-01-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

STONEYFORD 10K CHALLENGE

Is back again for the 6th year …
    Previous winners include international runners Brian Maher (previous national 10k champ) and Freddy Keron (previous winner of Belfast marathon)

The ladies has been fought out over the years between international runners Angela McCann and Siobhan Doherty , so a high standard race is guaranteed..

Where and when:-
    Stoneyford, Co. Kilkenny (10mins from Kilkenny city, 22 mins from Waterford city, 25 mins from Carlow)
    Sunday, 17th May 2015
    at 12pm
    Entry €20
    (walker €10 reg on the day)

Info :-
    Cash Prizes for:
    First 5 Men
    First 5 Ladies
    Voucher prizes for 6th-10th place men & ladies
    First Over 40, 50, 60 Categories

Course Record Bonus - €50
    Chip Timing
    Accurately measured course with Jones Counter
    AAI Approval
    Refreshments after the race – lots and lots of cake….

On-Line Entry Now Open @ www.totaltiming.ie

the local training group will start up again in Feb .. more details will be posted here and on FB.

All proceeds will go to Scoil Náisiúnta Chiaráin Naofa, Stoneyford, Co. Kilkenny.

www.facebook.com/stoneyford10kchallenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

I'd like more details as I am not familiar with this race.

Is it on roads?
    What's the course profile?
    Is there a map?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

Hi. Check out the Facebook page and the photos , the route map etc is all there, it's a road race, athletics ireland permit so over 18 only, good quality and it also has pacers from 40 45 50 55 and 60 minutes. The route is rolling countryside. The previous results are online,
    So you can check out times , usually loads of PB's each year, hope they helps . Any other questions please let me know,

Online entry discount code valid until 8th may . Www.totaltiming.ie. code. STONEY10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm not involved in anyway with this event but it is a great race. Really challenging 10k with a fast last mile. It's well organised and the entire village seems to get involved in some way or another.

If you're looking for a 10k over the next few weeks then this is the one! Only 10 mins from the motorway so it's easy to get to.

Going as a prep to Cork Marathon.

Doesn't look like a pb course but I need fresh air in my lungs.

PS Somebody should fix http://www.stoneyford10kchallenge.com/index.html (the rest of the website e.g. http://www.stoneyford10kchallenge.com/results.html looks great!)

• Advertisement

echancrure wrote: »
    Going as a prep to Cork Marathon.

Doesn't look like a pb course but I need fresh air in my lungs.

PS Somebody should fix http://www.stoneyford10kchallenge.com/index.html (the rest of the website e.g. http://www.stoneyford10kchallenge.com/results.html looks great!)

New website is www.stoneyford.ie. the lad hosting the old site can't or won't take it down . Most race info now on the face book page . Thanks . See you Sunday week.

Well done to everyone down in Stoneyford. Great event today, very well organise and very very friendly community.
    It is superb event, marshals everywhere I really enjoyed the 10k. It is also very handy to get to for anyone in the south east as it's just off the M9.

The course is challenging with 2 (or 3?) long up-hills and sharper descents, it is a great test of fitness but manageable.

Came in 16th in 39:26 which I am very happy with as preparation for Cork Marathon.

Will be back!

Advertisement