Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 Harddrive!

Options
  • 23-01-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I need to replace my PS3 hard drive as i can't play any games over a small hard drive and i'm wondering where about's in the city centre would i be be able to and roughly how much it would cost ?

Need one asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

They are easy to replace, you could pick one up one ebay or amazon and pop it in yourself.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself I would say try one of the phone fixing shops they'd know who would do it I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

The_Shotz wrote: »
    They are easy to replace, you could pick one up one ebay or amazon and pop it in yourself.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself I would say try one of the phone fixing shops they'd know who would do it I'd imagine.

Was looking around and saw that pc world do them so it's not too bad, And was watching a video and they look simple to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Daaryl wrote: »
    Was looking around and saw that pc world do them so it's not too bad, And was watching a video and they look simple to do :)

Ye they are very straight forward to replace. Lift off the flap on the side, unscrew it (Phillips head), pop it out and pop the new one in

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Ye they are very straight forward to replace. Lift off the flap on the side, unscrew it (Phillips head), pop it out and pop the new one in

Have it out atm, Just to go to pc world in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

gary hearne fix I.T. waterford on facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Just remember to make sure there isn't a maximum thickness for the replacement drive. The "standard" thickness for smaller capacity 2.5" drives is 9.5mm, higher capacity 1Tb drives are frequently around 12mm thick, and I think I saw a 15mm 2Tb drive in PC World a few weeks ago. I don't have a PS3 myself, so I'm not familiar with how much space there is in the drive caddy, but it's just something to be aware of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-HGST-500gb-Drive-Laptop/dp/B003ZFLOD4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422360609&sr=8-2&keywords=ps3+hard+drive

Thats what your looking for and you will be good to go once you put it in.

Also you need to have a USB with the latest firmware from the PS3 site so it can install on set up. Extremely easy job to do takes maybe 20 mins and your PS3 will be like new.

Advertisement