Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction workers pension opt out?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, recently started a new job and got my first pay slip and I have been deducted for the CWP contribution. Im a trades man and have my own private pension for the last 12 or so years, when I was an apprentice I think I had the cwp but its a terrible pretty worthless pension so I made my own arrangements Now Ive joined a company and have automatically joined the CWP, I want to opt out and having had a look online it seems this is now voluntary, I haven't rang the office yet so I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea can I just ring and say I want to opt out or is it likely to cause any hassle, or even can I opt out?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

salmocab wrote: »
    Hi, recently started a new job and got my first pay slip and I have been deducted for the CWP contribution. Im a trades man and have my own private pension for the last 12 or so years, when I was an apprentice I think I had the cwp but its a terrible pretty worthless pension so I made my own arrangements Now Ive joined a company and have automatically joined the CWP, I want to opt out and having had a look online it seems this is now voluntary, I haven't rang the office yet so I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea can I just ring and say I want to opt out or is it likely to cause any hassle, or even can I opt out?

I don't blame you for wanting out, it's a disgrace of a pension scheme. I've reviewed their scheme, it's basically a wage provider for the administrators.

Advertisement