Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotus Hall history..help!

Options
  • 23-01-2015 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm doing some research on Loftus Hall and can't seem to find out the history of it as a hotel. I know it was only run for a few years by Michael Devereux, but does anyone know why it shut down?? And I remember being told it used to be a nightclub, but again, I can't find any information about this!

Does anyone know? Or could you post links so sites that do have this info? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jooddiiee

Jooddiiee wrote: »
    I'm doing some research on Loftus Hall and can't seem to find out the history of it as a hotel. I know it was only run for a few years by Michael Devereux, but does anyone know why it shut down?? And I remember being told it used to be a nightclub, but again, I can't find any information about this!

Does anyone know? Or could you post links so sites that do have this info? Thanks!

Autocorrect! The heading is meant to read LOFTUS HALL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

never heard of it as a nightclub. it closed in the mid to late 80s I'd say. As far as I know, it used only be one or 2 if that propping up the bar and it was just left in a state. I'd say it was too big a challenge to keep the upkeep of it right. From what I know, the wife just upped and left and left behind a load of stuff. If you give them a shout on their facebook or twitter page, I'm sure Aidan would help you anyway he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jooddiiee

bruschi wrote: »
    never heard of it as a nightclub. it closed in the mid to late 80s I'd say. As far as I know, it used only be one or 2 if that propping up the bar and it was just left in a state. I'd say it was too big a challenge to keep the upkeep of it right. From what I know, the wife just upped and left and left behind a load of stuff. If you give them a shout on their facebook or twitter page, I'm sure Aidan would help you anyway he could.

Cheers!! I also read online that it shut because of there was only one road and it was too easy for drunk drivers to get caught, and eventually the crowds got smaller and smaller....your version sounds a bit more realistic though! Perhaps I will ask Aidan! Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

It was definitely a night club in the early to mid 80s - spent many a saturday/sunday night there. Always had a Christmas Night disco, started at midnight. Packed to the rafters. Happy days!

Advertisement