Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find the best teaching opportunities in the UAE

• 23-01-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a qualified science teacher (Biology and Physics) doing a research masters at the moment and looking to head to the UAE (dubai preferably) next August/September.

I've been teaching in a grind school during my masters (2 years) and also have some third level teaching experience tutoring in the university and covering some classes for lecturers.

What I'm wondering is how much is the masters and third level experience worth to me if I head out there. I know some people teaching at second level, some on 24k and others at around the 50k mark with bachelor degrees and while I would bite the hand off anyone offering me one of those jobs, can I expect to make more money or obtain a better job out there on the back of the masters? Does anyone have any advice on the best places to apply. I've looked into a few of the recruitment agencies and plan to contact schools and universities directly but I would really appreciate any advice on how to get the best opportunities.

Comments

Advertisement