Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up Ordinary Irish on the day

• 23-01-2015 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

So Irish has been really stressing me out recently; I moved here when I was 10 and I have a good enough standard with Irish, i.e. I can rote learn very well, but I cannot put a sentence together on the spot at all, and feel that I could do very well in the oral, and I can learn things off well enough for it, but I find it to be so time consuming that it's almost detrimental to my other subjects where I feel that I could improve upon them, so what I'm planning to do is continue in the HL class and just take the ordinary level paper on the day, that way I can get HL vocab for the oral and might pick up some useful phrases etc..

My question is, what are the biggest differences between the two? Are the poems/prose different? And would my oral work cover me for the litir/essay-thing? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Peter there is an Irish teachers forum and you might get a few definite answers if you post a query there. Best of luck

Advertisement