Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

program

• 24-01-2015 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

i have decided to make a change from my usual 4 day split and give this program a try for a few months

http://muscularstrength.com/article/Beginners-Hypertrophy-Program-muscle-gain

my question is. it has pull ups in it and says do as many reps as possible for 3 sets but i cant do pull ups i could prob squeeze out 2- chin ups? what would a good replacement be for pull ups?

tb26

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

band assisted pull ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

papu wrote: »
    band assisted pull ups

never thought of that thanks. i went straight looking for a total replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Well if you can do just 2 reps then isnt that to failure. youd be surprised how quickly you adapt to pullups. do 2 one session you might get 4 the next and so on . Once you get the shoulder squeeze motion its fairly easy. Try googling a move called the active hang,it basically train up the shoulder muscle you need to do the pullup,just a while of doing them and i was able to go from 0 to 8 pullups in about a week,got trickier after that. Obviously it mightnt work like that for you but thats how i learned to do pullups.

Advertisement